Manager of Child Care Center
Salary: $55,103.00 - $65,000.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: North Seattle College: 9600 College Way North, Seattle, Washington
North Seattle College is seeking an experienced child care administrator for the position of Manager of Child Care Center. The Manager of Child Care Center, will coordinate and administer the ASB Child Care Center (licensed capacity of 50 children; ages 18 months - 5 years) in conformance with college regulations and Washington State Department of Early Learning requirements for child care centers. Responsibilities include the overall management of the Child Care Center and its operation.
First Review Date: February 21, 2019
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This is a non-represented, civil service exempt position.
- Develop and implement program operating policies, procedures and activities
- Formulate the annual child care budget and expend funds according to college and state guidelines
- Supervise and evaluate center staff, including permanent staff, work study students, hourly substitutes, and volunteers
- Oversee and continually monitor program to ensure compliance with DSHS policies and regulations, including children's immunization records, personnel training requirements (CPR, First Aid, Food Handler's Permit and STARS/MERIT requirements) and other requirements.
- Ensure that staff and children's files reflect required documentation.
- Recruit, schedule and enroll children for the child care center and maintain waiting lists
- Confer with parents and staff members on a regular basis to discuss the development of enrolled children; provide new family orientation quarterly or as needed; allow parents an opportunity to evaluate the program ; hold parent conferences as needed or requested.
- Maintain public relations with parents, prospective clients, college and community colleagues
- Order and maintain child care supplies and equipment
- Prepare child care billings (for self-paying parents and families covered by DSHS, City of Seattle, Milkfund, etc.); work with campus business office to follow up on late payments when necessary; review income/expense, and budget status reports to maintain awareness of financial status of program; analyze problems in these areas and make recommendations to resolve them or take corrective action.
- Direct the placement of volunteers or Early Childhood Education student observers
- Work with Early Childhood Program Specialists to assure the implementation of a quality early childhood program and activities
- Participate in professional organizations and activities that promote quality early childhood education and provide positive visibility for the college
- Maintain a comprehensive referral network of services needed by low income families
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Forty five college credit hours in early childhood development/education/special education AND four years of supervisory and/or administrative experience working in a group setting with children of the ages enrolled in the program OR equivalent education/experience
- Ability to work, both individually and as a team member, with people of diverse educational, ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds including children, parents, staff and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally (English) and in writing (English)
- Commitment to student success
* Must successfully pass Department of Early Learning (DEL) portable background clearance
* Current certification in child First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
* Must provide documentation of negative TB test results
* HIV/AIDS/ Blood borne Pathogen training
* Child Abuse and Neglect mandated reporter training
* Current Washington State Food Worker permit
* Meet and complete all requirements required for Child Care Directors according to WAC 170-295-0060
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2348645
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency