This ad is expired.
Moreno Valley College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Career & Tech Ed (M)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
4,171 - $5,604
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
December 31, 2019
Department Specific Needs:
Experience with Excel and managing multiple grants.
Under the supervision of the area Director/Dean, the Grants Administrative Specialist provides administrative support, performs accounting tasks, makes purchases, processes payments, reconciles grant budgets, and maintains office grant records as required by federal and/or state regulations.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO: Student and short-term workers.
An associate degree from an accredited institution is required. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
A minimum of three years of closely related work experience in accounting, or administrative experience in the capacity of grants.
KNOWLEDGE OF: State and Federal Grants, Microsoft Office software package, accounting principles, purchasing methods, payroll methods, practices, and terminology, district financial application software.
ABILITY TO: Communicate clearly with others; engage in creative problem solving; complete complex oral and written instructions, exercise judgment and initiative, prioritizing; work under pressure of recurrent deadlines with frequent interruptions, work independently and effectively with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a); establish and maintain effective customer services; have organizational skills and initiative.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, staff, faculty, students, and administrators.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares and reviews, budget transfers, budget expenditure transfers, requisitions, purchase orders, and direct pay transmittals.
2. Prepares and processes printing requests, room requests, facilities and information services work orders.
3. Processes contracts and agreements, contract transmittal forms, secures required administrative approvals for contracts, and prepares board reports.
4. Issues, collects and processes vendor forms for businesses, consultants, and grant facilitators.
5. Makes travel arrangements for area Director/Dean, prepares travel requests, secures required approvals, and submits out of state travel requests for board approval.
6. Prepares itemized expense reports, other expense claims, and mileage reimbursements reports.
7. Collects reviews and processes timesheets, special project reports, and consultant invoices to and determines proper budget codes and accurate billing of expenditures.
8. Creates and maintains complete, accurate, and organized office records, financial reports and personnel files required for site visits/audits per applicable grant regulations.
9. Monitors budget versus actual revenue and expenditures, reconciles and maintains accurate and detailed records for all state/federal grant funds.
10. Reviews, analyzes and reconciles monthly drawdown statements and prepares summary reports for area Director/Dean.
11. Collects, reviews, and files monthly time and effort reports for all grant funded personnel, collects and processes absence affidavits for vacation, personal necessity and sick leave.
12. Provides assistance to area Director/Dean in preparation of annual new budgets, transfers of budget expenditures, and resolutions to amend budget.
13. Responsible for completing year-end closing tasks, creating accrual documents for district fiscal year and grant fiscal cycles.
14. Responsible for the preparation of fiscal and personnel documents as needed for internal audits and external grant evaluations.
15. Maintains knowledge of grant contractual provisions, requirements, and all aspects of policy and procedures of the District's accounting office, including but not limited to, conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and compliance with the Budget and Accounting Manual, state/federal regulations, and OMB Circulars.
16. Schedules, arranges and confirms appointments, meetings, trainings and conferences for management personnel.
17. Assists with event planning and logistics.
18. Prepares and confirms travel arrangements for group travel and off-campus staff trainings.
19. Provides project staff general training in the areas of purchasing, travel requests, itemized reports, contract preparation, and procurement of goods and services.
20. Monitors and maintains office equipment, supplies, and maintains office equipment inventory list.
21. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
22. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
23. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
Conditions of Employment:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month
employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8595.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency