This ad is expired.
Program Manager - MA in Public Leadership Program
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Manager - MA in Public Leadership Program
Reporting directly to the Administrative Director, the Program Manager provides key operational and administrative support for the MA in Public Leadership Program in the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS). The Program Manager's main responsibilities include: event management and coordination for the program's seminars, special events, online learning applications, social media and marketing, development, research, and assistance with the administration of the program. Performs various administrative support duties for full-time and part-time faculty and oversees student interns and federal work-studies.
Full Job Description:
- Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the Administrative Director with planning and running seminars and other public events, administering the budget. Assists the administrative director with emails, travel, and scheduling.
- Assists the Academic Director with coordination of activities pertaining to the Semester in Washington program and the McCarthy Center.
- Coordinates with university Academic Affairs to ensure compliance with state authorization requirements for online learning.
- Facilitates marketing for the program including overseeing the creation and dissemination of marketing materials, media releases, and social media posts, reviewing analytics after mailings and marketing campaigns to determine open and click rates.
- Coordinates with CAS Academic Planning to facilitate student enrollment and course approvals.
- Works with the university's web services department to keep the program's website up to date and to ensure compliance with university's web policies and guidelines.
- Manages student interns and federal work-studies including hiring and compensation. Works with interns to disseminate program information through email blasts, research and identify fundraising opportunities, assist with research on topics consistent with the program's mission, draft reports and press releases, and coordinate the logistics for public events and seminars.
- Manages the program's communications, including emails, social media requests, phone calls, etc. Responds to requests for information from prospective students, media, and potential donors. Oversees the program's contact management system.
- Assists program's graduate students with issues pertaining to enrollment, tuition payments, GI Bill, administration, etc.
- Manages the office and daily administrative work of the program, including file maintenance and organization of documents and files (both physical and online).
- Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in social sciences or humanities.
- At least three years of experience working in higher education administration (especially in event management, conference organization, and marketing).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Interest in the national defense and politics.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive mindset and ability to work well with a team.
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador for the program and its work.
- The ability to research speakers, identify resources, solve problems, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and take initiative.
- Experience working with people of diverse/multicultural backgrounds, or in student services with a diverse graduate population.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and computer programs to manage data and information is required.
- Proficiency with graphic design software such as InDesign is preferred. Familiarity with Google Docs and Smartsheet.
- Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and creativity.
- Ability to work well independently or on a team.
- Comfortable with occasional public speaking duties.
- Ability to work the occasional evening and weekend.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Manager---MA-in-Public-Leadership-Program_R0000884.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency