ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Administrative Analyst Specialist - Exempt I)
Posting Number: VA969
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Vice President, Alumni and Parent Engagement, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator is responsible for enhancing and expanding the engagement of Chico State's alumni. This position will implement, coordinate, and evaluate a comprehensive alumni program that builds affinity with the university's alumni to elevate their involvement as alumni members, volunteers, advocates and donors. The incumbent works independently using best practices and administering goal-based activities that keep alumni connected to one another and to the university. As a member of the University Advancement team, this position works collaboratively throughout campus, and the community, to strengthen the brand of the university and the Chico State Alumni Association through its programming, events and communications. Due to the nature of the work additional or irregular hours such as early morning, evening hours, and weekends is required, as well as occasional overnight travel.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above would normally be obtained through a bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited institution, in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field,
A minimum of three years, full-time work experience, in nonprofit program development with direct experience engaging volunteers/donors and/or fund-raising
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.(Group/Category: Advancement Associate and Procurement Card Holder*, 2) *Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Drivers License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Drivers Training course.
- The position requires substantial evening, and weekend time commitments and also requires occasional overnight travel.
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination and vision tests including distance vision, color blindness, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Includes frequent lifting and moving of event supplies (not to exceed 50 lbs), transporting supplies to the venue, unloading supplies, setting up dcor on multiple tables, and event break-down, may involve climbing ladders and crawling under tables. Must be able to travel to storage unit or across campus to other offices, buildings and venues for meetings and events.
This position involves frequent to constant interaction with students, parents, guests, faculty and staff. The office is a typical office environment with standard office equipment. This is a fast-paced environment requiring a flexible schedule. This position requires occasional irregular hours such as evenings and weekends. Due to the requirement of performing responsibilities at events and conferences, the hours of work may vary at times. Early morning, evening or weekend hours may be required, as needed to travel and complete work, projects or reports. May occasionally work outside and locations may include even and uneven walking surfaces, exposure to weather changes such as temperatures, humidity or precipitation.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency