Manager of Academic Operations
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Office of the Dean within the Bouve College of Health Sciences is seeking an Manager of Academic Operations!
Bouve College of Health Sciences is comprised of four preeminent schools of study encompassing approximately 1,000 faculty and staff, 5,000 students, and 40,000 alumni.
Please note: The primary work location for this position is the Boston MA Northeastern University Campus Location. Until our full return to campus, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process will be conducted remotely- including virtual interviews, remote onboarding and remote work. The remote nature of this position is subject to change in the future and is only temporary. Local, on-campus work will be required once the College and this role return to an operational status that supports it.
The Manager of Academic Operations provides operational support in the broadly defined area of academic affairs for Bouve College graduate and undergraduate programs supporting both didactic and clinical experiential courses. In addition, the position provides administrative support to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, exceptional customer service to Northeastern University students, faculty and staff and uses data-informed approaches to evaluate and improve academic affairs initiatives and college processes.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Manager of Academic Operations regularly and independently performs a variety of functions including:
- Supporting academic departments with processes related to course and program operations and processes.
- Providing operational support for clinical programs and courses including registration for university sponsored insurance programs.
- Provision of accurate and timely reports of program-, course- and student-related information from a variety of University systems and databases.
- Drafting, curating and disseminating effective verbal and written communications from multiple sources to stakeholder groups regarding academic operations using MS Office, Teams, Sharepoint or other formats.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of processes relating to academic systems and data such as maintaining content and permissioned access to the college's MS Office365 sites (Sharepoint, OneDrive, Teams, Power BI Dashboards and electronic forms) while ensuring compliance with university policy and student information privacy regulations.
- Administrative support including scheduling meetings, recording minutes/notes, and responding to inquiries.
- Problem solving to identify efficient methods to respond to challenges and questions that will arise.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or equivalent education and experience preferred, with 4-6 years of high-level academic operations support experience.
Mature, experienced professional, capable of independent and timely work.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Competency in technical and data manipulation skills with the ability to use University systems and software applications including MS Office 365 (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Forms, Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Teams), Adobe, Courseleaf, ARGOS, and Banner.
- Familiarity with academic affairs (degree types, programmatic requirements, operational aspects of offering courses, grading, etc.).
- Awareness of FERPA regulations is required. Must be capable of maintaining confidential information, and performing a wide range of duties that require developing consensus and maintaining a diplomatic manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to interpret and execute complex academic policies and procedures.
- Decision making, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and resource management skills.
- Able to respond promptly and effectively to communications.
- Able to plan for and meet critical deadlines and adapt to new information and situations.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to engage with diverse people, situations and ideas.
For more than a century, Northeastern University's Bouve College of Health Sciences has championed a simple idea: Experience deepens learning. Here, at one of the nation's leading health science colleges, future pharmacists, policymakers, administrators, nurses, physical therapists, scientists, speech therapists, and psychologists learn from renowned professors, while apprenticing alongside preeminent clinicians and researchers at top health institutions.
Bouve College of Health Sciences encompasses four exceptional schools, School of Health Professions, School of Nursing, School of Clinical and Rehabilitation Sciences, and School of Pharmacy. Together, these institutions leverage interdisciplinary collaboration and strategic synergies to tackle the world's most pressing health challenges. It is this cross-pollination of academic rigor, interdisciplinary perspectives and globally recognized experiential learning that distinguishes Bouve and its graduates.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Bouve College of Health Sciences values and respects the multiple and diverse identities of our shared humanity across race, ethnicity, class, ability, language, gender, sexuality, age, nationality, and military service. We are committed to enlivening the climate of diversity at Bouve through teaching, learning, dialogue, and relationship building. We seek to nurture inhabitable and welcoming spaces where all members feel that their ideas, voice, and lived experiences matter. We avow that differences in perspectives exist, are to be anticipated, and that respect for our differences is foundational to the universe of ideas that enrich our lives and professions. We are committed to advocacy, inclusion, and justice for all.
Northeastern University offers a comprehensive and competitive employee benefits program for all full-time regular faculty and staff including medical plans, a dental plan, medical and dependent-care reimbursement accounts, retirement plans, life insurance benefits, disability programs, and tuition reimbursement.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506325
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency