Administrative Assistant I- Transfer & Career Center
Salary: $38,988.00 - $47,928.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Transfer & Career Center
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of an assigned program or service.
- Coordinate communication between the administrator and staff, students, faculty, and the public; obtain and provide information; coordinate activities and assist to resolve issues.
- Answer the telephone to provide information to students, faculty, staff, and the public; take and relay messages; explain District programs, policies and procedures.
- Direct and greet guests and visitors.
- Receive and appropriately respond to sensitive or confidential concerns and complaints presented by students, faculty, staff, applicants, vendors, and the public,
- Respond to requests for information from faculty, students, staff, and the public regarding District programs, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Schedule meetings, and appointments for assigned administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Process travel request forms.
- Order, issue, and inventory department supplies, forms, and equipment.
- Process financial transactions; doing data entry to initiate te requisitions and purchase orders; routing invoices to Fiscal as necessary as necessary.
- Compose, type, and proofread a variety of correspondence and documents including, but not limited to, agendas, forms, reports, letters, memoranda,; record and take notes.
- Organize, develop, maintain, and monitor a variety of manual and electronic records, logs, files, and departmental reports.
- Perform a variety of data entry tasks, entering information into appropriate computer program.
- Process staff timecards; calculate and verify hours worked.
- Receive requests and process work orders and repair services; enter work orders and monitor the status of work orders.
- Pick up, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Process routine forms.
- Verify the work of assigned student employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Obtain, compile, and record data.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Office procedures, and methods,
- Standard office machines and equipment including computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- MS Office software applications.
- District procedures, policies and operations of assigned program.
- Methods and techniques of word processing.
- Methods and techniques of telephone etiquette.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of manual and electronic filing and record keeping.
- Proper language usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Perform word processing and clerical support duties.
- Lead, organize, and review the work of student staff.
- Accurately keyboard at a satisfactory rate.
- Prepare a variety of documents and reports.
- Maintain accurate records, files, and logs.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Operate office equipment including computers, scanners, copiers and fax machines.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Completion of the twelfth grade or equivalent.
Two years of increasingly responsible clerical support experience.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.