Administrative Assistant, President
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02532
Posting Date: 10/08/2018
Initial Screening Date: 10/22/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Confidential
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $5,526.30 per month
Maximum Salary: $5,806.07 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
The position of Administrative Assistant, President, is directly responsible to the President of the College. The administrative assistant shall assume major responsibilities in performing a wide variety of highly responsible tasks and confidential work associated with the office of the President. Performance in the role of administrative assistant requires the application of a broad knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations, and rules governing the College and the District.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Process administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the College President. Distribute information or answer questions where knowledge, judgment, or interpretation of policies, procedures, and regulations are necessary.
- Prepare correspondence and memos independently or from written and oral instructions.
- Record, receive and transcribe dictation from meetings the College President directs.
- Maintain the College President's calendar, screen visitors, telephone calls, and mail.
- Arrange and prepare for receptions, and special luncheon meetings for the President's office.
- Work in liaison with the District Office and campus personnel on matters relating to District and campus policies and procedures.
- Coordinate preparation of the Porterville College board action requests and maintain a file of these requests and action by the board of Trustees.
- In the absence of the Communications and Marketing Manager, compile information and write Board Reports; as well as prepare and forward news releases to the appropriate agencies.
- Supervise and provide assistance to the personnel in the Information Center.
- Assist in preparation and management of the annual budget for the Office of the College President.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Maintenance & Operations in matters related to use of College facilities, processing, and scheduling as required by the College President.
- Assist the College President in the development and completion of a College policy and procedures manual. Keep the manual and all policies current.
Link to view entire job description - Administrative Assistant, President
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Public relations and advance customer services techniques.
- Research methods, report and letter writing techniques, records process, and maintenance of procedures and systems.
- English usage; grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Modern office practices, procedures, methods, and computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations.
- Process administrative details not requiring the attention of the College President, including coordination of functions, communication of department policy, and other administrative work.
- Operate a computer and assigned software at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with interpersonal skills including tact, patience, and courtesy orally and in writing.
- Perform highly responsible and complex tasks exercising independent judgment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize work and to work independently with minimal direction and under strict deadlines.
- Exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and care in administrative detail.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships and communicate effective both orally and in writing with on-and-off-campus constituents.
Link to view entire job description Administrative Assistant, President.
Salary Grade: D
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on October 22, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10693. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency