This ad is expired.
Administrative Secretary, Retention & Transition Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300110
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
Starting Salary Range is $37,211 -$41,867. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
This position will assist in all aspects of the Retention and Transition Services department. This departmental support includes the direct support of the Associate Vice President of Retention and Transition Services & Chief Equity Officer in addition to the following programs: Weekend College, Puente Mentoring Program, Title V (2016) Grant, Learning Support Services, Career and Transfer Services, HSI STEM (2016) Grant and a portion of the Perkins Grant. This position will engage with various internal and external stakeholders, plan and execute events, and assist coordinators and directors with purchases and travel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the AVP of Student Affairs Administrative Secretary.
- Assist and greet students/guests/colleagues upon entering and calling the Diversity Equity and Inclusion office suite.
- Assist with AVP of Retention and Transition Services & Chief Equity Officer's calendar handling RSVPs to meetings, meeting agendas, making copies, preparing/creating/updating spreadsheets, taking minutes, and ordering food when necessary.
- Provide support to grant staff.
- Submit and approve purchase requisitions and track billing and payment.
- Order supplies and equipment for the department.
- Assist with departmental event planning from meetings to special events, to include the development and tracking of the guest list, reservation of room, determine schematic for set-up, arrange for special items (music/media, decor, photographer, and caterer), set-up/clean up as needed, and assist with selection of menus.
- Maintain departmental budgets.
- Input staff vacations on AVP calendar.
- Gather, organize, and track time and efforts of grant staff and other monthly needed signature items.
- Process account statements and credit card expenses for the Retention and Transition Services areas mentioned above.
- Assist with travel plans as needed.
- Compose and type internal and external correspondence.
- Serve as primary point of contact for community and former student websites.
- Supervise student assistant.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Support and manage student grievances in Maxient.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate's (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to details, and able to master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with the public, friendly and personable
- Must be dependable and professional
- Commitment to community college students and mission
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3681654/administrative-secretary-retention-transition-services
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency