TITLE: Admissions Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
LOCATION: White Bridge Road Campus
RATE OF PAY: $14.58 - $17.50 hourly rate depending on experience
JOB OBJECTIVES: Responsible for creation and maintenance of admissions records for new applicants and returning students at Nashville State Community College and for interacting on the telephone, verbally in face-to-face dialogue, by email exchange, and in written mail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shares primary responsibility for accepting applications, processing applications, maintaining student files, making referrals, and answering other questions relative to NSCC admissions requirements and procedures, including programs with special admissions requirements.
- Processes applications, transcripts, and other admissions documents and ensures the entry and integrity of information and data into the mandated academic system and into any new mandated systems which may be required.
- Responsible for physical student files (electronic and hard copy) and the maintenance of student files prior to transfer to the Records Office.
- Acquires, possesses, and disseminates knowledge regarding NSCC's admissions policies and procedures and assists students and other NSCC faculty and staff with regard to these policies and procedures.
- Answers students' inquires with regard to their admissions files and the status of their applications and files.
- Serves as a registrar for the Selective Service System by mailing in Selective Service Registration cards for students.
- Assists with Information Center responsibilities.
- Communicates with all NSCC publics by all standard means in a literate way by using proper grammar in whatever form is required in the circumstance: oral, email, written, telephone, fax, etc.
- Arrives at work station at the appointed time, works the hours specifically required by the job, and works mandated events including but not limited to all phases of registrations and other events related to admission to NSCC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or educational equivalent
- At least one year of successful work experience in and educational or business environment required
- Data entry skills preferred
JOB LOCATION: The primary job location is the college's main campus. Occasional travel throughout the service area may be required.
EQUIPMENT: Use of telephones, computers, and other standard office equipment required.
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Good human relations skills
- Ability to access computerized data and provide admissions information to individuals by telephone and/or in person as needed
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public, students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge and use of correct oral and written grammatical skills appropriate to a higher education environment (a written test will be required)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Marginal tasks performed include the operation of standard office equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Nashville State is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA Employer
To apply, visit https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/8/home/requisition/3877?c=tbr
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency