Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics & Recreation is accepting applications for the full-time position of Assistant Athletic Director for Business. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Athletics, this position is responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of the financial, administrative, and operational functions of the Department, including budget management, financial reporting, rental/event contracts, equipment purchases, and apparel contracts. The University is a member of the Eastern College Athletic Conference Hockey League (ECAC), the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), the Big East Conference and is an NCAA Division I member sponsoring 21 varsity sports.
About Quinnipiac University:Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the "Great Colleges to Work For." For more information, please visit http://www.qu.edu.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations
- Oversee the daily management of the department\\'s business operations, including financial affairs, budget development and contract administration
- Coordinate with department administrators, coaches and staff to assess budget needs, providing guidance throughout the budgeting process and assisting with offering budget recommendations
- Foster and ensure excellent business office constituent-relations through clearly communicated expectations, training and education of staff
- Consult with University financial departments to develop systems for monitoring the departmental budget and actual performance to ensure adherence to budgetary parameters
- Assist with the closing of the fiscal year-end financial reports and otherUniversity and NCAA annual reporting documents
- Manage and supervise the equipment room staff and operations, implementing procedures and controls over athletic equipment purchases and apparel contracts
- Serve as main point of contact for department with the Office of Human Resources, assisting with the recruitment/employment process and new staff orientation for department employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience inathleticadministration, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution or other professional sports organization
- Significant skill in the use of Excel and other computer software
- Highly effective communication skills with a variety of constituents
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, the national community and acommitmentto contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted online only, and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for, this position. Contact information for three professional references must be submitted on the application form. Applications will be reviewed as received andwill continue until the position is filled. Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Code: 2017-2362
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency