College of Health, Education and Professional Studies
Occupational Therapy Department
IRIS Position # 50225937
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a national model for metropolitan universities. In collaboration with our many regional partners, we offer our students an experiential learning environment graced with outstanding teaching scholars. The Occupational Therapy Department at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is seeking dynamic candidates for a 9 or 12- month assistant/associate professor tenure-track faculty position beginning August 2018.
Position: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
Effective Date: August 1, 2018
- Teach in the clinical entry-level occupational therapy doctoral program
- Teach, advise and engage in scholarship activities
- Mentor student research
- Engage in the Occupational Therapy Department university service, professional service, community service and/or inter-professional activities
- An earned terminal degree (i.e. PhD, EdD, DSc,DHS, or OTD) in occupational therapy or related discipline. Individuals who are "all but dissertation"(ABD) will be considered for faculty positions at UTC; however, the degree must be awarded within twelve months of thefirst semester of employment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of clinical experience, including two (2) years of teaching experience.
- Ability and willingness to teach courses in his/her area of clinical or research experience.
- Must be initially certified by NBCOT and be eligible for OT licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- Ability to reach goals specified in UTC's Strategic Plan including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Teaching or clinical experience in the area of adult rehabilitation, neurorehabilitation and orthopedics.
- An active research program or demonstrated potential for scholarship.
- Demonstrate an ability to present a positive and professional attitude when dealing with students, clinical staff and clients, the local community and the national professional community.
Submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, and names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
- Inquiries may be made to Dr. Susan McDonald via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 423-425-5759.
- Application reviews begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000D4
Chattanooga, the fourth largest city in the state, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia at the junction of four interstate highways. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga also has the fastest internet in the country. Home to the first Gig Internet in the United States, Chattanooga has a 100% fiber network that links every home and business in a 600-square mile area. Companies like Unum, McKee, U.S. Xpress, Volkswagen, Coke United and Amazon.com have chosen to set up shop in Chattanooga. Attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Civil War battlefield sites, the African American Museum, and the Appalachian Trail bring thousands of people to the area, as do events like the Riverbend Festival, Nightfall, Jazzanooga, the Creative Discovery Museum for Children, and the Southern Writers Conference. Chattanooga is the home to the seven-time NCAA Southern Conference Football Champions, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Mocs. People who love the outdoors use Chattanooga as a base for hang-gliding, bass fishing, mountain climbing and caving expeditions; the beautiful Smoky Mountains and Tennessee River support the greatest variety of flora of any area in the United States. Chattanooga also has a long and rich past with regard to diversity, which includes Native American heritage, Civil War history, and the Civil Rights movement. Chattanooga is also just a two hour (or less) drive from Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, and Birmingham.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency