This position will assist the Head Coach in all facets of the Softball program including but not limited to: competitive performance; student-athlete development; student-athlete safety, health & well-being; academics; compliance; recruiting; program development; fundraising; team travel, camps/clinics; game day management; alumni relations; and community engagement.
- Assisting in sport management by organizing, preparing and conducting team practices, training and competition.
- Primarily working with the pitchers
- Assisting the Head Coach with communication between department staff members (i.e. strength and conditioning, academic advising, sports medicine, equipment & facilities, marketing and promotions, sports information, and MocsVision);
- Assisting the Head Coach with daily communications with student-athletes; with donor relations.
- Recruitment of softball student-athletes including, but not limited to, identification of prospective student-athletes (PSA), correspondence with PSAs throughout the year (emails, mailings, phone calls); PSA evaluations, PSA contacts, official visits, unofficial visits, recruiting services; admissions procedures; and all applicable compliance recruiting forms and/or logs.
- Assisting with team travel and recruiting travel.
- Assisting with community relations and donor relations.
- Assisting with camps and clinics.
- Maintaining compliance forms and/or logs.
Bachelor's degree required. Softball pitching coaching experience is required; Softball intercollegiate coaching experience preferred. Division I coaching experience preferred. Knowledge of intercollegiate softball and NCAA compliance rules, especially recruiting, is required. Must have the ability to deliver the same and consistent messages as the Head Coach about techniques, drills and plays, and attitude goals. Knowledge of ARMS software is preferred. Frequent evenings, weekends, and overnight travel is required. A valid driver's license is required.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000OM
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency