Assistant/Associate Professor - OB-GYN
Medicine, Reno - University of Nevada School of Medicine
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources helpline at (775) 784-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For UNR Med professional job postings, if you have questions or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Reno, NV seeks to recruit a board certified/board eligible OB/GYN Generalist for a full time faculty position. Faculty rank will be commensurate with experience and background. Clinical responsibilities include providing comprehensive women's healthcare in the university practice, participation in OB/GYN call, and working with Certified Nurse Midwives. Faculty provide close supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. Candidates should have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, evidence-based clinical care, patient safety, education, scholarly activity and/or clinical research.
Qualified candidates must have an MD/DO and have completed an ACGME-accredited OB/GYN resident program and be BC/BE in obstetrics and gynecology and be licensed to practice medicine in NV at the time of appointment.
Assistant Professor - II
Associate Professor - III
The total compensation package includes a negotiable competitive salary, moving allowance (if applicable), a rich retirement plan, health insurance options that include dental and vision, life insurance, long-term disability, thirty (30) days of sick leave provided upon start date and two (2) days of sick leave accrued per full month after the first year of service, two (2) days of annual leave accrued each full month, along with many other benefits. Malpractice insurance includes tail coverage. Additionally, there is a grant-in-aid educational benefit for faculty and dependents. For more information, please visit: https://www.unr.edu/hr/benefits
Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples' professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada.
For more information on the University and the School of Medicine, please visit http://med.unr.edu/why-faculty
For more information about the department of OB/GYN, please visit
Julie Moran, RN
Attach the following four documents to your application
- Letters of Application (Cover letter)
- Three Professional references (include name, title, company/organization, email address, phone number)
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive environment is one of the core missions of UNR Med. We recognize that diversity promotes excellence in education, research, service, and health care. As we train future providers to care for, and researchers to address the needs of, an increasingly diverse patient population, we value developing a leadership team and faculty body that reflect and honor the diversity of the world in which we live. Through a school-wide process, UNR Med has selected specific mission-based diversity groups, including individuals who are underrepresented in medicine and those who identify as first generation, rural, or from low income backgrounds. When faculty bring a range of their personal and professional experiences to UNR Med, this diversity enriches the learning experiences of our students, expands the breadth and impact of research inquiries, and assists the members of our community in breaking down stereotypical thinking and personal biases and become more comfortable with the scope of human experiences beyond our own. Given the value UNR Med places on diversity, equity and inclusion, we ask that you submit a one-page personal diversity statement outlining your thoughts on each of the following:
- Describe your beliefs in regard to how diversity can advance the missions of a medical school (please provide specific examples);
- Explain your professional background and experiences in contributing toward a climate of diversity, equity and inclusion at a previous institution or organization (such as how you have come to understand the history of historically marginalized communities in the United States; how you have ensured inclusivity in your classroom or other teaching; programs you have developed in the area of diversity; mentoring of diverse students, faculty, and staff; how you have addressed diversity issues such as health care disparities in your research or teaching; service work that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; and/or how you have promoted an environment where diversity is welcomed and fostered); and
- Delineate how your background and experiences would qualify you to advance UNR Med's mission of diversity, equity and inclusion in the position for which you are applying (please include specific examples pertinent to your desired role).
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med)
For nearly 50 years the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med) has trained physicians who are leading the way to A Healthy Nevada,' nation, and world. Community-based and research-intensive, UNR Med was founded upon a three-part mission of education, research, and service and is committed to the values of compassion, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, safety, service, and stewardship. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an inclusive and engaged community. We recognize that diverse faculty and leaders add value to the educational experience and promote excellence in our teaching, patient care, and research missions. We seek applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences who can contribute to our mission and uphold our core values.
Our mission has guided our growth in graduating the next generation of primary and specialty care physicians and medical researchers while maintaining personalized instruction. We are building new residencies to train medical specialists and expanding technologically-advanced infrastructure to keep pace with our world-class research to meet the needs of students, patients, and researchers. The School of Medicine has statewide outreach with a local touch providing patient care, health services, and training physicians in Reno, Nevada and in the state's rural communities. We seek to create an environment that serves all who enter our doors, from the physicians who teach our learners to our employees and patients, whose health we seek to improve.
This posting is open until filled.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. This job posting will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member's first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNR-external/job/Medicine-Reno---University-of-Nevada-School-of-Medicine/Assistant-Associate-Professor---OB-GYN_R0113337.
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevadas land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a Top Tier Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency