Assistant Director for Student Organizations
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Assistant Director for Student Organizations
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Associate Director, the Assistant Director for Student Organizations provides oversight for graduate student organization registration, orientation, administration, budgeting and funding, training/development, adjudication, travel, events, and activities. The Assistant Director manages the financial resources and benefits of all student organizations, manages disbursements for student organization funding grants, and assists with development and management of student organization support services budgets. In addition, the Assistant Director serves as advisor for the Graduate Student Senate Finance Committee and provides oversight for their funding allocation process.
As a member of the larger staff in Student Life, the Assistant Director collaborates and cooperates to create leadership and intercultural competence opportunities to support student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Organization Development and Oversight
- Provide oversight for graduate student organization administration to ensure compliance with University policies. Organize and facilitate the student organization registration and orientation process, including the process to form new organizations. Conduct academic/judicial checks and track completion of all requirements for organizations to remain in good standing, facilitating an adjudication process when required.
- Provide chartered student organizations with administrative support, including annual budget planning and management, general fiscal oversight, executive board transitions, and interdepartmental communications and collaborations.
- Manage the financial resources and activities of student organizations including financial accounts, fundraising, and expenditures. Coordinate the establishment of new financial accounts and the development of online payment systems for registered student organizations.
- Manage resources for registered student organizations including mailboxes, copy cards, and desk or storage locker requests. Provide updated lists for access to registered student organization benefits, such as free room reservations through Events Management and Guest Services, free ads in the Foghorn student newspaper, free design through the Graphics Center, and eligibility to apply for funding.
- Supervise two (2) undergraduate accounting assistants who assist with processing financial transactions, tracking activity, and providing reports.
Associated Students Operating Budget Oversight
- Provide advisory support to the Graduate Student Senate and serve as advisor to the GSS VP of the Treasury and their Finance Committee regarding funding eligibility guidelines, application forms, review processes, and award notifications.
- Provide oversight for the allocation process for financial resources of the Associated Graduate Students of the University of San Francisco (AGSUSF) including an annual budget of approximately $200,000 generated through the graduate Student Activity Fee. Oversee the development and review of annual budget proposals and AGSUSF funding applications for GSS initiatives, graduate student conference funding, and student organization events and internal development.
- Support the development of a budget for AGSUSF Support Services. Manage disbursements for AGSUSF Support Services, AGSUSF Conference Funding, ASGUSF Development Funding, and AGSUSF Events Funding.
- Support the development of a budget for ASUSF Support Services. Manage disbursements for ASUSF Support Services, ASUSF Internal Development Funding, ASUSF Travel Funding, and ASUSF Events Funding.
Student Involvement Outreach
- Conduct outreach to graduate students to encourage involvement in student organizations and other engagement opportunities. Coordinate logistics for graduate student engagement opportunities and assist with graduate student events
- Provide general advisement for students regarding involvement opportunities, event planning, benefits and requirements, organizational development, leadership development, fundraising, and financial procedures.
- Participate in department/division activities including meetings, retreats, and staff development.
- Collaborate with professional colleagues at other university and educational organizations to share information for the purpose of enhancing content and delivery of department programs, services, and resources to students.
- Participate on or chair committees, task forces, and special projects as requested by the Director or the Assistant Vice Provost for Student Engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master's Degree in higher education administration or related field is preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum two years experience in student activities/campus life required.
- Proven competence in managing student organization administration, including management of financial accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to advise individual students and student groups.
- Experience facilitating workshops.
- Experience in budget planning and maintenance.
- Proven oral and written skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with historically underrepresented and LGBTQ+ students in an urban, multicultural environment.
- Experience in student engagement and leadership at a private institution preferred.
- A demonstrated interest in and commitment to the mission of a Jesuit Catholic institution.
- Commitment to creating relationships across the University to develop collaborative programs and services.
- Available to participate in evening and weekend activities and programs.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-Director-for-Student-Organizations_R0004266.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency