This ad is expired.
Assistant Director of Academic Student Programs
Ag Sciences and Natural Resources
Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgment and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
- Contributes as a team member assisting the Associate Dean for Academics and Student Programs and the Student Success Center as deemed appropriate to meet the needs of the college and the students.
- Strategically develops policies, procedures, goals, and outcomes for the academic advising office and responsible for advisors adhering to curriculum requirements including department, college, university and state requisites.
- Serve as the primary liaison to campus departments, registrars office, college academic departments, and the student services office within the college regarding issues related to academic advising.
- Responsible for undergraduate programs, degree plans, transfer credits, tuition rebates, awarding of undergraduate degrees and advising.
- Work with program coordinators and department chairs on the degree plan options to handle changes and course exceptions.
- Maintain undergraduate student information/records to include the degree audit system (DegreeWorks).
- Manages student related processes and communications regarding absences, back-dated withdrawals, registration (add/drop, grade changes) and case by case crisis situations.
- Serve as a point of contact for parents and students regarding general academic and personal issues.
- Serves as a CASNR point of contact with DegreeWorks, the Registrar, Curriculog (undergraduate and graduate), the CASNR curriculum committee, and other entities.
- Responsible for coordination of commencement and works directly with primary contact in commencement office.
- Coordinate international exchange programs and student aboard opportunities.
- Coordinate distance learning coding for the College (PSS students).
- Supervise undergraduate student assistants.
- Assist the Associate Dean for Academics and Student Programs managing student concerns and needs.
- Assist in the development of articulation agreements as well as memorandums of understanding (MOUs).
- Assists the Associate Dean for Academic and Student Programs in annual reporting.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency