This ad is expired.
Assistant Director of Events/Undergraduate Admissions
- Work Department: Undergraduate Admissions
- Class Title/Code: Events Administrator Associate (5009)
- Effective Date: Dec 21, 2021
This position develops and conducts recruitment events for a wide variety of audiences for
Undergraduate Admissions. Events may be in-person or virtual, on- or off-campus. The position will also manage and supervise the Admissions Ambassadors and graduate assistants in the office, who provide support for recruitment events.
- Develop and create exceptional daily visit experiences to recruit students. Oversee presentations and campus tours. Coordinate daily visit schedule, including staffing for presentations, one-on-one counseling appointments, and campus tours.
- Facilitate presentations, meet one-on-one with guests and conduct campus tours.
- Develop and implement in-person and virtual recruitment events for various populations, including admitted students, parents, and others. Facilitate development, logistics, execution, and evaluation of major, high profile recruitment programs which surprise and delight freshman and transfer students.
- Handle logistics for Discover Western, Experience Western, Western Express, and other events, as assigned. Liaison with academic departments and faculty to support department-specific events.
- Direct the development, facilitation, training, hiring and supervision of students for the Admissions Ambassador Program within the office to support recruitment of new students.
- Hire, train and supervise graduate assistants.
- Represent Western Illinois University at local and campus-based recruitment and outreach events. Evening and weekend events may occur.
- Participate in special student recruitment programs such as: welcome reception programs, statewide articulation conferences, and other programs.
- Arrange and facilitate group visits for middle schools, high schools, community colleges, and community based organizations wishing to recruit students. Communicate with chaperones, arrange speakers, book rooms, coordinate dining, create visits in ERP system, and complete itineraries.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, Student Affairs, or a closely related field.
- One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or any other related field. Experience must include public speaking delivered to diverse populations and event planning.
- Starting Salary: $3810/month
- Application Deadline: Jan 28, 2022
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, including copies of official academic transcripts and a current resume, via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials, including completed application, transcripts, and resume, are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-780300bc941540408200cd80c7dae241