Assistant Professor, BSN VANAP Nursing Program
University of San Francisco
Assistant Professor, BSN VANAP Nursing Program
The School of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of San Francisco invites nominations and applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the Sacramento Campus. This position will serve as co-director (along with a VA employee/co-director) of efforts that support the partnership that SONHP has with the Northern CA VA Healthcare System.
Full Job Description:
- Successful candidates will be expected to engage in classroom and clinical teaching, and service that will contribute to the university and profession.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of the BSN Sacramento curriculum to insure congruence with the education goals of the School and the University.
- Ensure congruence with standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, California Board of Registered Nursing (CA-BRN), the Commission on Nurse Certification, and other accreditation and professional associations as appropriate.
- Contribute to process/outcome reports related to partnership efforts and engage in classroom and clinical teaching, scholarship, and service that will contribute to the university and profession
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean-Nursing and designees and BSN Department Chair to ensure the integrity of curricular plans across sites.
- Provide leadership that promotes growth and innovation for undergraduate education, including in the ambulatory care setting.
- Maintain California State BRN approval for the USF Sacramento site for BSN and maintain a reporting relationship in collaboration with the Associate Dean Nursing and Assistant Dean for Prelicensure Programs.
- Work closely with the local Sacramento partners in developing an Advisory Committee to advance the focus on increasing access to nursing education for underserved people and expand clinical options to under-resourced communities.
- Work closely with the nursing leadership at Veterans' Administration to develop innovative clinical opportunities in ambulatory care.
- Interface between the Vice Provost who oversees alternate sites, the BSN Department Chair, Associate Dean Nursing and the Assistant Dean for Pre-licensure Programs.
- Monitor and advance educational policies that positively affect academic study for BSN students.
- Support students, with attention to their experience of the demands of the program and in facilitating their feedback to faculty.
- Manage BSN student advising issues.
- Lead the recruitment, interviewing, orientation, and coaching of faculty who demonstrate expertise that is consistent with the needs of the BSN Sacramento program.
- Develop and monitor the course schedule for the Sacramento Campus.
- Collaborate with the BSN Dept Chair, Associate Dean Nursing, and Assistant Dean-Prelicensure Nursing in preparing faculty teaching assignments and monitoring workload.
- Serve as mentor and resource person for BSN Sacramento faculty for course-related responsibilities.
- Oversee the evaluation of adjunct faculty and participate in the evaluation of clinical preceptors.
- Collaborate with the Program Administrator to develop and manage clinical sites for BSN Sacramento students.
- Collaborate with university administration and support services related to recruitment, marketing, admission, registration, progression, and graduation activities.
- Collaborate in producing and updating the BSN Sacramento Student Handbook.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or related area preferred.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student body, faculty and staff.
- Strong equity lens, cultural humility and proven ability to work well in a diverse context.
- One year of full-time direct patient care experience within the last 5 years in the clinical area that corresponds to the teaching assignment (medical surgical, pediatrics, obstetrics, geriatrics, psychiatric mental health nursing, or community health nursing). Acute care clinical experience in these clinical areas is required for teaching community health related courses.
- Upon hire, the faculty member must be licensed as a registered nurse in California.
- A strong commitment to teaching and scholarship, experience and willingness to work in a culturally diverse environment and an understanding of and commitment to support the mission of the University.
We invite candidates to learn more about the program at: https://www.usfca.edu/nursing/programs/undergraduate/nursing.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Full-Time_Faculty/job/Sacramento-Campus/Assistant-Professor--Nursing_R0005580.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-54fe630dbf07574497f217e7ebafdda4