This ad is expired.
Prairie View A&M University
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Prairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
Prairie View A&M University invites applicants for one tenure-track faculty position with a focus on statistics at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2024. This position is available in the Department of Mathematics in the Brailsford College of Arts & Sciences.
- Teach undergraduate courses in mathematics and statistics for both majors and non-majors, as assigned. The teaching load is 9 credit hours per semester.
- Participate in research, other scholarly activities, and professional development. Maintaining an active research agenda is expected, and activities include publications in peer-reviewed journals, professional presentations, and obtaining internal and external grant funding. Research publications are expected and required for tenure and promotion.
- Other responsibilities include service to the Department (e.g., student advising), the University, the community, and the profession; other duties as assigned.
- PhD in statistics, applied mathematics, mathematics, or a closely related field by August 2024.
- The successful applicant will (i) present evidence of teaching excellence at the undergraduate level, (ii) demonstrate an ability to teach statistics or mathematics courses, both for majors and non-majors, and (iii) present evidence of being able to contribute to the Mathematics program.
- The successful applicant will also present evidence of the potential to establish a scholarship program than can contribute to the professional development of Mathematics students, or which can engage students in the high impact practice of undergraduate research.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience teaching a broad range of mathematics courses for both majors and nonmajors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement effective and innovative teaching strategies.
- Experience working with students from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Experience teaching with R-programming.
- The Department is especially interested in applicants who bring diverse perspectives to the University, and in those who may be especially effective in teaching and mentoring students who are members of groups that have been historically under represented in the discipline.
- Experience working on collaborative projects with faculty in interdisciplinary fields.
- Experience working with grants or evidence of successful grant writing.
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either "Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter" on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the "Resume/CV" or Resume/Cover Letter" attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-TX/Assistant-Professor-of-Mathematics_R-067718?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, masters degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of "the first class" in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a "University of the first class" begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3920e6ed6ae8d94aacfd2475daf65eb0