This ad is expired.
About Lesley University:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 87,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
Information on the Department:
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) includes 59 full-time faculty members in six divisions, consisting of the Divisions of Business Management, Education, Humanities, Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Psychology & Applied Therapies, and Social Sciences. CLAS students include approximately 950 traditional undergraduate and 450 adult and online students in programs that include partnerships with regional community colleges and an Urban Scholar's Initiative. CLAS undergraduate programs have a student/faculty ratio of 9:1. Its programs are known for strong inquiry-based design that includes extensive internship preparation.
Reporting directly to the Dean of the College, the Associate Dean manages the student support and student enhancement components of the College (e.g. Academic Advising, Internships, and Supplemental Instruction); supervises and evaluates the staff in those areas, and coordinates course scheduling, curriculum development, and academic program reviews. The Associate Dean serves on the CLAS Leadership Team and provides oversight of the First-Year Seminar Program, the Honor's Program, student success and retention initiatives, and special programs such as the Child Homelessness Initiative. In addition, the Associate Dean will play a major role in revising and developing curriculum to achieve our goal of integrating social justice content, perspectives, and principles into the college's curriculum. The successful candidate maintains the academic policies and procedures and ensures that they are followed. The Associate Dean also assists in student recruitment activities; collects information to support the University's regional accreditation; and performs other duties as assigned. The Associate Dean is also welcome to teach courses within the university
- Hold an earned doctorate degree-e. g., Ph.D., Ed.D. or Psy.D.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching experience in Higher Education.
- Be at a rank of Associate Professor or Full Professor by June 30, 2018.
- Minimum of five years of experience in academic advising in Higher Education.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a leadership role in Higher Education-e.g., Chair, Coordinator, Director, etc.
- Experience in program assessment in a college or university environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to appropriately prioritize work among a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with others.
- Authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Background checks are required for all positions.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency