The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies seeks applications for an Associate Dean for Research and advanced tenure-eligible Associate Professor or Professor in nursing or a related field.
General Description: The Associate Dean for Research is a member of the executive team, and responsible for the professional development of faculty and staff in the research enterprise in a manner that achieves a strong and progressive strategic plan and position in the scientific community. Key activities include creating effective, systematic and coordinated planning and programming to execute the research enterprise; promote research engagement programming with intra and inter institutional and community partnerships; coordinate research opportunities for doctoral and Honors College students at the School; execute structures and processes for pre submission review, refinement and resubmission of grants. Onboards new and developing tenure-track faculty to the research enterprise. Supports our commitment and programming for diversity and inclusion, interprofessional activities, and learning/online technology for the School and University. The Associate Dean for Research is responsible to the Dean.
The position includes an appointment as a tenure-eligible Associate Professor or full Professor. The remainder of the workload (60%) to be academically distributed between teaching and research in the candidate's credentialed field. Workload may be redistributed based upon administrative and programming needs.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies is located in the heart of Kansas City on the Health Science District campus, along with the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, and Pharmacy. The School of Nursing and Health Studies, with over 1,400 students, offers a pre-licensure BSN, RN to BSN, MSN, DNP and PhD programs. The School has full accreditation from CCNE and UMKC has NCA/HLC accreditation. The University of Missouri- Kansas City is a comprehensive urban university with nationally recognized programs in the health sciences, the arts and business/urban affairs.
The state-of-the-art research and instructional building on the Health Science campus at UMKC places the School of Nursing and Health Studies at the center of Life and Health Sciences education and research, along with the Schools of Pharmacy, Dentistry and Medicine. Three teaching hospitals, the Health Department and several clinics are adjacent to the campus. We are linked with Life and Health Sciences research on the Volker Campus in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Schools of Biological Sciences as well as Computing and Engineering. Research expertise at the School of Nursing and Health Studies spans the translational continuum from basic science to direct patient care, along with community action research which addresses urban health issues, cardiovascular health as well as women's health. UMKC participates in the Regional CTSA funded by the NIH at the University of Kansas and in an interuniversity research collaborative in the Kansas City region.
Qualifications: The Associate Dean for Research and Associate/full Professor possesses:
- Terminal research-focused doctorate, (if a nurse, holds an unencumbered license as a registered nurse and an earned doctoral degree in nursing or related field), with demonstrable successful administrative experience in research programming and research education of students from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong skills in organization, planning and evaluation;
- Effective verbal, written communication and relational skills;
- Demonstrated success in teaching, mentoring, and support of students of varied and diverse backgrounds (underrepresented minority, first gen, historically marginalized and challenged groups) to achieve success toward degree completion.
- Successful record of federally funded research and mentoring of interprofessional peers who have achieved successful research
Responsibilities: The Associate Dean for Research will:
- Collaborate with faculty and Program Directors to establish and monitor a research strategic
- Participate in securing external funding for faculty by notifying research faculty of funding opportunities as they become available.
- Provide strategic advice on making proposals
- Execute and disseminate to faculty, staff, and students the best practices in building research trajectories and programs of research.
- Execute activities to achieve the plan and support faculty, staff and doctoral students in achieving successful and progressive research funding
- Work with doctoral program, Honors College, Trustees Scholars program, UMKC Office of Diversity and Inclusion, STEM, and interprofessional research programming to enrich resources for the School and students.
- Provide evaluation data on interventions to inform research performance improvement outcomes including strategic initiatives
- Represent the School on University committees related to
- Provide professional development and content enrichment to faculty and
- Monitor budget expenses as appropriate, adhere to the budget resources related to the position and provide fiscal planning input to the
Full Time/Part Time
Full time, benefit-eligible, twelve-month academic administrative and faculty appointment
To be considered, you must apply online through the UMKC recruitment portal https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psc/tamext/KCITY/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=8. Please complete the application which contains two (2) sections:
- Name and Contact Information
- Combine all application materials (a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a list of at least three references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g.,/,&, %, ).
If you need technical assistance, please call (800) 488-5288.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have many opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city's life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City's university and we can't wait for you to join us!
Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC's community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency