Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
October 27, 2020
$62,000 - $82,000
School of Nursing_Admin & Faculty (Ernise Watson
Are you accustomed to working 12 months out of the year but only want to work 9 months? If so, this opportunity is for you! The School of Nursing at Madison College have multiple openings for Full-time Instructors in their Associate Degree Nursing Program starting the Spring of 2021 semester. Locations include the Madison District: Truax and Eastern Region campuses.
Some of the openings will initially be limited-term positions with potential to extend through Spring 2023 with additional funding to respond to the Nursing Shortage. Our goal is that the limited-term positions could continue under this grant funding.
We are seeking motivated and engaged candidates who share a willingness to collaborate with other staff members, students, and the community at large. If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic, high quality and collaborative team, apply now!
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of November 22, 2020 at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Madison College's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison Collegeit is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
We are anticipating offers to be made and accepted for a January 4th start date.
Madison College provides a generous benefits package of vacation, holidays, health/vision/dental/life insurance options.
This position instructs adult students in all nursing programs at the Associate Degree level. Instructors develop instructional strategies and curriculum as a regular part of their work, and are encouraged to serve on committees.
1. Instructs students in the Associate Degree Nursing program and related Nursing programs including but not limited to the following courses: Nursing Fundamentals, Nursing Skills, Nursing Pharmacology, Nursing Health Alterations, Nursing Health Promotions, Mental Health, Complex Health Alterations 1 & 2, Nursing Management and Clinical courses.
2. Develops and plans appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face, accelerated and on-line course delivery.
3. Assists and advises students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
4. Evaluates student performance and provides regular feedback in courses taught by the instructor.
5. Uses data and market trends to continually revise curriculum to improve student learning.
6. Actively works with other personnel in student recruitment, retention and success. This includes developing strategies aimed at the recruitment and retention of minority (including males) students.
7. Develops and maintains curriculum in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student and healthcare delivery needs in collaboration with department/ division staff; participates in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs and other divisions of instruction.
8. Functions without direct supervision in a team environment with the ability to support a cohesive department atmosphere.
9. Complies with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and academic advising, etc.
10. Assists students in developing work experience assignments such as clinical affiliations, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
11. Designs and implements strategies to engage students in the learning process.
12. Integrates the use of technology into the teaching and learning process.
13. Attends school, program and advisory committee meetings; participates in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
14. Plans and implements professional development strategies to continually improve teaching and professional experience.
15. Maintains certification as an instructor with the Wisconsin Technical College System.
16. Complies with all aspects of Board policies, work rules, and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
17. Demonstrates a commitment to the college mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods to deliver high-quality instruction (i.e., online, hybrid, and accelerated course formats, course software such as Blackboard, video, Telepresence, etc.)
3. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds and persons with physical and/or learning disabilities.
4. Skill in oral and written communications.
5. Ability to interact with business, industry, other educational institutions, and government agencies to establish partnerships.
6. Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies and incorporate them into the classroom and curriculum.
7. Knowledge and experience in community, acute care or long-term care setting.
1. Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of related work experience as a registered nurse.
3. Licensed to practice nursing (or able to obtain Wisconsin license by time of hire if currently licensed elsewhere).
APPLICATION MATERIALS: (applications missing the required materials will not be considered)
1. Current Resume/CV
2. Unofficial transcripts
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Madison College will not tolerate racism or harassment of any kind. We will provide an educational environment that preserves the safety and dignity of our students, staff and faculty. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Vice President, Human Resources, 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/District/Associate-Degree-Nursing-Instructor_R0003185
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency