- Coordinator for Academic Affairs and Assistant to the Vice Provost
- Go to our website »
Coordinator for Academic Affairs and Assistant to the Vice Provost
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 14134
Posting Date: 01/31/2023, 11:55 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: Associate
What We're Looking For
The Coordinator for Academic Affairs will help support the faculty hiring process and will serve as the assistant to the Vice Provost for Faculty Diversity and Belonging. This position directly reports to the Provost's Chief of Staff. The Coordinator for Academic Affairs will actively work with deans' assistants, business officers, department chairs and their assistants, vice provosts, Human Resources, and other staff within the Provost's office.
This position is responsible for working with the existing Coordinator for Academic Affairs to facilitate faculty hiring requests from academic units and for scheduling provost office interviews with faculty candidates. This position will also serve as the assistant to the Vice Provost for Faculty Diversity and Belonging and will assist as needed with projects in the Office of the Provost.
A Bachelor's degree and an active Christian faith are required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement and Baylor reserves the exclusive right to determine if prior experience is relevant to this position. The successful candidate will also have the following critical attributes:
- Time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- High level of discretion.
- All employees are expected to fully support Baylor's mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.
What You Will Do
- Work with the existing Coordinator for Academic Affairs to support the faculty hiring process by engaging in any or all of the following tasks: screening and following up on required documentation from academic departments, managing users in hiring software system, scheduling candidate interviews with the provost's office, developing training materials, and training deans' and chairs' assistants on faculty hiring process.
- Support the Vice Provost for Faculty Diversity and Belonging by scheduling meetings, assisting with event planning and preparation, researching various topics and issues, and assisting with other projects as needed.
- Work with other Provost Office staff on select award processes and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the mission and needs of the Office of the Provost.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/requisitions/preview/14134
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency