Department Assistant II, CTE/Dual Enrollment (COF) LB, 19hrs/10 months
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02763
Posting Date: 03/13/2019
Initial Screening Date: 03/27/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified Limited Benefit
Rate: Minimum Salary: $15.46 per hour Maximum Salary: $21.84 per hour (maximum entry level $15.46 per hour)
Work Week: 19 hours per week, 10 month position
Prorated sick leave and vacation only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety of clerical services to College administrators, faculty and staff; provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public; provide staff assistance to departments.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND two years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of record-keeping.
- Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
- Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade: 35.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on March 27, 2019 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point. Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/11375. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency