Desktop Support Technician (Graphic Design)
San Diego County - Grossmont College
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Your application must be completed in one sitting. The system will not save an incomplete or unsubmitted application. Please be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments. Please review the special instructions to applicants on the job announcement for requirements. For the most seamless process, we strongly encourage you to prepare the required materials before beginning your application.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Department: College & Community Relations
Location: Grossmont College
Months worked out of the Year: 12 months
Work hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Shift Differential: None
Starting Salary Range:
Range: CL-29; $3,414 (Step A) or $3,610 (Step B) Monthly
Based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: August 2019
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, assist in preparing graphics for instructional and promotional purposes; provide technical support to designated computers and peripheral equipment; and provide periodic material for college web page.
- Prepare finished artwork using graphic design software programs.
- Utilize design elements and principles such as color, shape, composition, image(s) and spatial relationships to assist in designing instructional and promotional materials.
- Produce digital freehand drawings.
- Provide technical expertise to faculty and staff regarding graphic design, materials, and methods of reproduction.
- Operate a variety of specialized graphics equipment including computers.
- Specify typography.
- Maintain current knowledge and skill in the area of graphic design including current technology and equipment, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Provide technical assistance and advice in the use of Apple computers.
- Produce materials using desktop publishing and graphics programs.
- Prepare and maintain basic records related to the status and progress of graphics projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Methods, equipment and materials used in graphic arts and design.
- Principles and elements of design including color, shape, spatial relationships, composition and dominant image.
- Printing processes and equipment used in graphic design/arts.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Recordkeeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of specialized graphics equipment and Apple computers.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Assist in preparation of digital drawings, illustrations, posters and other materials.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to determine project requirements and purposes.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to others regarding graphic design and use of Apple computers.
- Assist in preparing finished artwork for instructional and promotional materials.
- Utilize design principles, elements and a variety of media.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Determine appropriate typography, format and materials.
- Use personal computers and appropriate software as design tools, specifically Adobe Creative Suite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: two years of college-level course work with specialized training in art and design or related field and two years experience in graphic design and some graphic layout and/or design experience including training in Adobe Creative Suite.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Graphic arts and computer lab environment; subject to lifting, fumes and eye strain due to computer screen.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Application must be completed in one sitting. Incomplete or unsubmitted applications cannot be saved.
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
Be sure you have the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning your application.
*NOTE* application materials with pictures or personal information will render your application incomplete.
Position specific required documents:
- Complete and current resume
- Upload as the cover letter 1 - 2 pages listing your skill/knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat. Other software programs may also be listed. Provide a BRIEF description of how you have used each program AND your level of expertise on a scale of 1 (lowest) - 5 (highest).
- Upload BEHIND the Skill/knowledge page, one (1) flyer or poster that you have designed
*NOTE* If you are selected to interview a digital portfolio will be required at that time.
*NOTE* 1st level interviews are scheduled for July 22, 24 & 25th.
*Note* please upload .doc or PDF files. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for file to upload correctly.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by calling (619) 644-7679.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---Grossmont-College/Desktop-Support-Technician_R-00699.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency