This ad is expired.
Director, Dental Assisting
Posting Number: 0000914
Reports to: Dean, Health Sciences
Department: Health Sciences Education
Full or Part-time: Full Time
This is a 40 hour per week salaried exempt position. Works with the Dean of Health Sciences to develop, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the Dental Assisting Program. Assures appropriate state agency approvals, licensures, and accreditations for Dental Assisting program. Works with the Dean of Heath Sciences to investigate additional health science programs in alignment with the needs of the local community. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with healthcare agencies and providers throughout the College's service area
1. Provides primary leadership for the Dental Assisting program and other assigned Health Science programs, including program development and initial and ongoing accreditation processes, and continuous improvement and assessment plans.
2. In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences, seeks out additional Health Sciences programming opportunities and provides leadership in the development of new programs.
3. Prepares, submits, and monitors an annual budget for the Dental Assisting program.
4. In collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences and Program Directors, assures compliance with state, accreditation, and other regulatory requirements.
5. Recruits and supervises qualified part-time instructors for assigned programs.
6. In collaboration with appropriate discipline faculty and faculty support personnel, conducts classroom observations of part-time faculty.
7. Develops and maintains strong relationships with area healthcare agencies and providers.
8. Establishes and maintains program advisory committees. Holds at least two advisory committee meetings per year, per program.
9. In collaboration with the Health Sciences department, supports the professional development opportunities, including non-credit and CEU, for incumbent healthcare workers.
10. Seeks out grant opportunities for Dental Assisting programming and support.
11. Writes and submits required reports and maintains accurate program documentation.
12. Coordinates the development of program outcomes for each assigned program area of Health Sciences and assures that appropriate assessment measures are in place to measure student learning and success.
13. Coordinates the program review process for each assigned Health Sciences program.
14. Monitors and coordinates curricular revisions, as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned
Under the limited supervision of the Dean of Health Sciences, the Director of Dental Assisting is responsible for the leadership, coordination, and efficient operation of the assigned credit and non-credit assigned Health Sciences programs.
Licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant in the state of Michigan and current certification through the Dental Assisting National Board as a Certified Dental Assistant required. Bachelor degree in a health sciences field required; Masters degree preferred. At least two years of experience as a healthcare provider, educator, or administrator required. Teaching experience in postsecondary and/or career and technical education strongly preferred.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required, including strong oral and written communication skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work with all disciplines, levels, and backgrounds. Ability to direct and manage multiple priorities, utilize effective time management skills, and exercise sound administrative judgment. The successful candidate will exhibit exceptional strength in strategic thinking, analysis and problem solving, organizational leadership, collaboration, and a results-oriented vision and focus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Be a part of the Red Hawk family and apply today! Benefits start on first day of hire! Extensive paid time off (including Spring Break), College fully pays health insurance deductible, minimum of 10% employer retirement contribution per payroll, and much more!
Virtual Campus tour:
SW Michigan information:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mlive/posts/10159842598643896 YouTube: https://youtu.be/Cc2w_HihK20 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQb1c8fJ5ay/ Story on MLive: https://www.mlive.com/michigansbest/2021/06/summer-in-st-joseph-spend-a-michigans-best-day-with-beaches-great-food-wine-trails.html
Official transcripts required upon hire.
Information on our standard hiring process: Lake Michigan College will accept applications on this position for at least 14 days. Applications will be screened for minimum qualifications as received. Once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received and sufficient diversity of applicants achieved, those applicants will be passed along to the search committee. Once the search committee has determined which applicants they would like to interview, those applicants will be contacted. If this process extends beyond 21 days, a communication of the delay will be made to all applicants for the position. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Date: 03/30/2023
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/4493
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesakes breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our regions future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the colleges facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMCs main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet its less than a half-days drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency