This ad is expired.
- Director of Campus Life
- Go to our website »
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Manhattanville College is seeking a Director of Student Life to oversee the College's New Student Orientation programs, student clubs and organizations, including advising the Student Government Association; student engagement and large scale programming traditions, and leadership training and development. This is a live on position that requires supervision of weekly evening and weekend programming and on call responsibilities. The position reports to the Dean of Students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Serve a primary advisor for the Manhattanville Student Government Association
- Oversee the advisement f all student clubs and organizations
- Ensure appropriate training and development is provided to all student leaders.
- Advise the Senior Class council
- New Student Orientation
- Assist in the development and implementation of the summer and winter orientation sessions.
- Oversee the logistics and communication for the orientation programs.
- Coordinate with College partners to ensure that all Orientation goals are met.
- Campus Programs and traditions
- Oversee the creation and implementation of all College wide engagement activities. Working with all departments to create a sense of belonging and community amongst the College community.
- Provide leadership for the annual student program calendar planning, creation, and dissemination.
- Coordinate College traditions activities including; Welcome Week, Fall Fest, and Quad Jam.
- Work with the Senior Class Council to create and implement the "senior" activities for the year. This includes the 200 night event, 100 night Formal; and all Senior Week activities.
- Investigate and develop new opportunities that encourage and engage students from diverse populations.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Supervise two FT program coordinator and student employees.
- Utilize student engagement data to analyze the effectiveness of all student affairs programs and initiatives and make recommendations to College Leadership regarding unmet needs and strategies that best serve and retain students.
- Manage and monitor an annual budget and carryout fiduciary responsibilities.
- Support the College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Roadmap
- Participate and assist with College-wide committees, programs, activities, and or training as needed.
- Serves a high-level hearing officer and administrator on call.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge in principles and practices of student affairs and/or higher education administration, student conduct and student development
- Excellent written oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse student population
- Experience working with conflict resolution
Masters plus minimum of three years of experience in college student personnel, counseling, or another rated field. This is a live on position.
Anticipated Start Date: May 15, 2023
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your application and your interest in Manhattanville College. We are in receipt of your materials and will contact you if we believe your background and experience meets our current needs.
Please complete the anonymous EEO questionnaire found at https://www.mville.edu/equal-employment-opportunity-data-form. It's important that you complete it, as Manhattanville College is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and the information from this questionnaire allows us to measure our progress in creating such a workplace.
Thank you again for your interest in Manhattanville College.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency