Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities. Serves as liaison with university personnel and community at large. Works under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
The College of Architecture (CoA) at Texas Tech University (TTU) seeks energetic and experienced candidates for the position of Director of Communications and Marketing to join the College staff and to participate in coordination and implementation of comprehensive communications strategies that support the strategic goals of the COA including establishment and stewarding of the college visual identity, editorial style, and voice.
- Coordinate the implementation of comprehensive communications strategies that support the strategic goals of the College of Architecture (COA) including the establishment and stewarding of the college visual identity, editorial style, and voice.
- Identify opportunities within the COA and translate them into communications and communication plans, placing the COA's work in a broader context to communicate with various audiences.
- Increase engagement with college constituents to tell the COA's story through strategic communications, digital communications, social media, graphic design, marketing strategy, and brand management.
- Oversee staff or vendors supporting web content management, social media, graphic design, and curation.
- Collaborate with communications colleagues across Texas Tech University to align college-level priorities and identity.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Will work with Dean and executive team, faculty, staff, and students and seek regular input on priorities and COA trends.
Bachelor's degree in related area required plus five years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Degree in Design, Journalism, or Communications.
- Relevant experience in public relations and/or communications in the creative industry or cultural sector is an asset.
- Understanding or experience in the world of architecture & design.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Mature personality with excellent managerial skills.
- Self-disciplined and confident in a complex environment.
- Hands-on approach.
- Affinity for architecture, architectural education, and art.
- Curation experience.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (with strong InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop experience).
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Apply online at http://www.workattexastech.com; enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID 18066.
- Shortcut URL: https://bit.ly/30tD0Nn
- Required Attachments: Resume / CV, Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at email@example.com or 806.742.3851.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Texas Tech University offers a great benefits/retirement package!
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency