California State University, San Bernardino
Another Source is assisting California State University, San Bernardino in recruiting a Director of Talent Acquisition to join their team.
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. Cal State San Bernardino is listed among the best colleges and universities in the western United States, according to The Princeton Review, Forbes and U.S. News and World Report, in their respective annual rankings. This position offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including a tuition assistance program within the CSU. Benefits include but are not limited to: a vacation accrual, paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits. To apply please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/another-source/job/oix59fwN
Position Overview: Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, builds and maintains a broad and deep network of prospective candidates, keeps up on the latest recruitment trends across industries, implements strategic Talent Acquisition objectives at California State University, San Bernardino. The Director will work closely with the hiring managers and selection committee members throughout the campus to effectively plan and execute successful leadership recruitment initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with key constituents (including the hiring manager, the search committee, and the business partner) to build a comprehensive recruitment plan, clarify required job skills and competencies, and identify the best sourcing strategies and techniques for each search; advises key constituents on the status and trends of the labor and competitive markets to aide in decisions regarding compensation, relocation, and other factors affecting hiring
- Sources talent using multiple approaches, including networking, social media, events, competitive intelligence/research, and by leveraging programs such as employee referrals, alumni associations, and professional outreach
- Establishes and builds relationships with prospective candidates to gain a deeper understanding of motivation and interests, to determine potential fit within the organization, and to create talent pipelines
- Reviews resumes against job requirements and preferences, conducts candidate assessments against qualifications, and presents top candidates
- Oversees supervision and operation of talent acquisition staff, responsible for all facets of employee engagement, including, reviewing resumes against job requirements and preferences, conducting candidate assessments against qualifications, extending employee offers, facilitating background check processes, employee onboarding and engagement;
- Oversees student employment staff, as well as the human resources department customer service team.
- Provides sound and expert advice to auxiliary entities and serves as an advisor talent acquisition strategies, collaborate with the University community on Talent Acquisition best practices;
- Understands technical aspects of recruitment platforms and processes, provides leadership and training on the functionality of online recruitment/platforms; and serves as a subject matter expert in all aspects of the University's recruitment platform;
- Understands the psychology of the offer and manages the offer process; acts as a liaison between the candidate and the hiring manager during negotiations;
- Advocate for diversity and encourages the consideration of a diverse pool of qualified applicants;
- Complies with all employment related laws, regulations, policies, and requirements;
- Knowledge of common recruiting processes, policies, collective bargaining agreements and applicable federal, state, and local laws;
- Ability to research the labor and competitive markets, analyze trends, and formulate strategic advice for leaders
- Excellent oral communication skills and can quickly build rapport; writes clearly and compellingly, and is able to adjust tone, content, and form as appropriate
- Possesses excellent sourcing skills and can demonstrate knowledge of current sourcing practices and approaches
- Highly skilled at identifying and assessing talent using multiple methods, including resume reviews, phone screens, writing samples and presentation reviews, and video and in person interviews; knows and is skilled at using various interviews approaches, including technical, behavioral, situational, and others, determines organizational alignment with university core values, of prospects and applicants corresponding to CSUSB diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and to use logical operators
- Highly skilled working with senior leaders; determines best approaches for different leaders; acts with honesty and authenticity
- Ability to negotiate effectively and settle differences amicably
- Skilled at maneuvering through complex political situations effectively and quietly by being sensitive to how the campus functions and by adjusting approach when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, English, Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development/Leadership, or related field and five (5) years' progressively responsible experience overseeing a talent acquisition team, serving as a functioning recruiter, and/ or a combination of education and equivalent years of experience
- Federal as well as California employment laws
- Ability to foster proactive relationships within the campus community and with external customers incumbent.
- Demonstrated experience building comprehensive recruitment and sourcing plans inclusive of labor and competitive market reviews
- Recent proven success having personally sourced leadership candidates using networking, social media, events, competitive intelligence/research, sourcing tools, and other programs such as employee referrals, diversity, and professional outreach
- Progressive experience using applicant tracking systems and sourcing/networking tools to achieve successful hires;
- Sound knowledge of Federal as well as California employment laws.
- Master's degree in human resources. Experience in a higher education and/or public agency setting.
A background check (incluing a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency