This ad is expired.
Enterprise IT Business Analyst/ Developer
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6932
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 12/06/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $44,075-$58,395/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is required.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for being the liaison between customers and technical staff by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, developing, and maintaining new and existing software systems. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats to support achieving university business requirements and providing resolutions to reported issues.
Responsible for understanding information technology business processes and technology. Develop on-demand system reporting, maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation and provide exceptional end-user support.
- Provides Tier-2 Support. Offer technical assistance and solutions by responding to reported issues like but not limited to errors, problems, or questions with applications like Financial Management System (FMS). Communicates needed changes if any to development team: Communicates and applies project standard; consistently delivers high-quality services to customers.
- Functions as a Business Analyst for implementing application/system fixes for ERP like PS FMS,
- Understands business issues and data challenges of customer's organization; reviews requirements and specification on proposed solution to design and develop or enhance applications; Works with customer personnel to identify required changes. Develop and maintain BA documentation and templates
- Documents procedures and reference materials as necessary to support student information system fixes, enhancements, and upgrades and supporting software.
- Improves systems by studying current practices, designing modifications and seeing through to completion.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Has a strong working knowledge of ERP application specifically Peoplesoft HCM and FMS and Business Affairs related ServiceNow module support, experience with SQL/SQR and general reporting methodologies.
- Provide FMS (General Ledger, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, Grants, Purchasing, Commitment Control, Asset Management, Projects and Costing) application support to staff in the Offices of Accounting , Disbursements and Travel Services, Grants and Contracts Financial Services, Procard/Travel Card Administration, Fiscal Services, Treasury, Inventory, Purchasing, and Budget.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Consults with systems programmers, supervisors and end users to develop business requirements and write systems specifications to meet business needs. Defines needs and provides appropriate solution to customer satisfaction with smooth integration with existing systems. Scope document, appropriate to the project, is completed prior to programming
- Designs new or enhance application by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications .
- Prepares and executes integrated test plans using efficient testing methods to support system upgrades, patches, and mandatory updates at campus level in coordination with the business units. Involves users in the testing, consults with users as needed to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs; installs and test programs at client's sites; monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Coordinates resolution of incidents, enhancements, modifications, and system upgrades. In collaboration with IT staff, respective business units, recommends options and solutions to incidents and problems as they are identified. Escalates issues to the Management as needed.
- Documents change requests in partnership with SMEs for modifications and customizations. Submits to the FMS Application Services Manager as needed for review and escalation.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to applications and specification; modifies and maintains software programs and applications; is familiar with OOP/ITIL methodologies develops and maintains plans outlining steps and timetables for developing programs.
- Assists with user security administration for assigned applications to include PS FMS and tree maintenance.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationship with team members; follows through with commitment and foster mutual trust with fellow employees; cooperates with a variety of people to achieve desired results.
- Maintains on call support after normal business hours (rotational) and must be reachable when needed.
- Develops work plans and track project progress; including risk, issues and resources to deliver successfully using project management methodologies.
- Participates in technology-related activities for the university, State and community
- Researches new technology and applies it to project with no or minimum production issues.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience (at least 2 years) supporting Enterprise Applications to include ERP systems like Peoplesoft, Banner and Service Management.
- Relevant experience supporting Enterprise ERP systems (FMS/HCM) that facilitate effectiveness via efficient business processes, reporting and customer service.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing documentation; providing customer support, training user, coordinate testing.
- Experience developing documentation, providing customer support and end user training.
- Master's degree in Business Applications, Information Systems or related field.
- Effective communication that includes; verbal, written and presentation formats.
- Working knowledge of the following ServiceNow modules; ITSM, ITOM, Knowledge Management, Customer Service Management, ITBM. Familiarity with Business Analytics.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner Student Information System.
- Experience supporting IT business process for higher education. Knowledge of ITIL.
This position will be primarily located: On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus).
- Normal working conditions.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6932&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency