This ad is expired.
Facilities and Equipment Assistant
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: 18-087
Campus: De Anza College
Close/Initial Review Date: 4/8/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Starting Salary: $3,769.62 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade: C1-39
Full Salary Range: $3,769.62 - $5,025.47 (per month)
NOTE: The salary advertised with this position is based on the 2017-2018 salary schedule. Effective July 1,2018 through June 30, 2019, the position will receive an additional temporary 5% increase. On July 1, 2019 salaries will revert to the 2017-2018 salary schedule unless another agreement is reached.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
De Anza College Mission Statement:
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, receive, issue, store, repair and set up equipment and materials used in an assigned department and various programs; maintain cleanliness and order of assigned facilities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive, issue, store, repair and set up equipment and materials used in an assigned department and various programs including but not limited to athletics and automotive.
- Issue locks and lockers to students; maintain records of issuance.
- Set up and take down facilities and equipment as assigned, including preparing athletic venues for events by marking fields, putting up barriers, setting up benches, tables, chairs, score/sound equipment, etc.
- Sort clothing for laundry and cleaners; inspect and store returned laundry.
- Maintain equipment inventory; repair equipment as necessary to provide for safe use by students.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Clean assigned areas as directed.
- Open and close facilities according to established procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Use, maintenance, storage, and inventory methods of equipment and supplies used in assigned department and or programs.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Basic cleaning techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Receive, issue, store and repair equipment used in assigned department and or programs.
- Set up and take down equipment for various projects and activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Maintain routine records.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard and set up various equipment.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects up to 75 lbs.
- Contact with cleaning chemicals.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to a High school diploma AND two (2) years related experience.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
Starting date: July 1, 2019
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency