Faculty Lecturer ALP Secondary Education (0.5 FTE)
Position Number: ALP001
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $24,808 $30,320 at part-time (.5 FTE) CAT II level. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, education, experience, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the Universitys good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Employee Category: Faculty - Cat II
Department: ALP (Alternative Licensure Program)
The School of Education is seeking applicants for a temporary, part-time (0.5 FTE) faculty position for the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP). The temporary faculty for the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) will teach ALP 1 candidates the prescribed post-baccalaureate secondary education program. This 10-month temporary faculty member will also coach each candidate in accordance with the Colorado Teacher Quality Standards and assist each candidate in becoming an effective classroom teacher.
The successful applicant must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
The successful candidate must have the ability to perform the following:
1. Timely performance of responsibilities specified in the faculty members contract and the Handbook (in accordance with the academic calendar).
2. Adherence to accepted standards of professional conduct.
3. Faculty shall be responsible for the conduct of assigned classes; shall provide the ALP Director with timely notice in the event that they cannot conduct a class (or classes); and, pursuant to written departmental policy, shall arrange, when possible, for instruction to be provided when they cannot be present either by a substitute or by class assignment.
4. Faculty shall, as established by departmental policies, adopt such procedures as necessary to assure that adequate and accurate records of student performance are maintained.
5. In addition to their teaching load, faculty members shall prepare for classes, evaluate students performance, confer with and advise candidates, and shall participate in committee work, and professional development.
6. Faculty shall keep syllabi and student records for all classes for one calendar year after the end of the semester in which the course was taught.
ALP faculty will plan and teach the ALP 1 secondary education licensure curricula as described in the course syllabi during a weekly 3-hour evening class during the school year, and seven hours per day for 3 days during the summer.
Evaluate artifacts and other assignments according to established rubrics
ALP faculty will visit his/her candidates in their classrooms (minimum of 5 times) each semester to observe and provide suggestions/recommendations to the candidate relative to the candidates progress at becoming proficient on the Teacher Quality Standards.
ALP faculty will keep accurate records regarding the candidates progress at meeting the Colorado Teacher Quality Standards.
Meet with building and district personnel regarding program requirements and progress of ALP candidates.
Coordinate program elements with other ALP faculty and ALP director.
Masters degree in secondary education or related field
Current teaching license
5 years of experience as a secondary classroom teacher
Verify recent professional development in the area of effective teaching
Knowledge about teaching Culturally Linguistically Diverse students
Documented experience in coaching or supervising teachers in public schools
Posting Date: 04/27/2021
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered as an applicant, you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
IMPORTANT: In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
1. Curriculum Vitae or Resume
2. Cover Letter
3. References. References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/15964
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency