Job Identification: 15912
What We Are Looking For
The Financial Administrator reports to the Business Officer or designee within the Business Office of within a School or Division and advances the mission of Baylor University by efficiently and effectively gathering, analyzing and interpreting relevant financial information to process financial transactions. Responsibilities include proactively anticipating business needs and executing procurement of goods, services and expenses on behalf of faculty, staff and units while ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures, nonprofit accounting practices and federal and state guidelines. Serves as primary point of contact, subject matter expert and liaison regarding processing of all business activities for assigned faculty, staff and partners, responding to requests and providing guidance in appropriate procurement and business controls and processes to assist division leadership.
A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, supply chain, or a business-related field, and an active Christian faith are required. A Master's degree is preferred. We are seeking candidates with a minimum of one year experience and compensation will be determined based on experience. Recent graduates with relevant internship experience are encouraged to apply. Experience in lieu of the educational requirement will only be considered for current Baylor staff with directly relevant work experience. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Work is based in Waco, TX and relocation assistance is provided.
Additional Preferred Attributes include:
- Great collaboration and customer services skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains discretion and the highest professional standards while working with confidential information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong business acumen, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in financial software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive learner
- Research administration experience is a plus
What You Will Do
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on financial system and University business policies and processes.
- Obtain and maintain University required system and business process certifications.
- Meet regularly with departmental leadership, faculty, and staff to review/discuss anticipated operational and grant management needs as it relates to transaction processing/approvals.
- Proactively serve as a liaison between the Business Officer and the departmental leadership team regarding optimizing financial transactions, including procurement and payment operations.
- Process procurement requisitions for staff and faculty members of assigned area. This includes ensuring compliance with university purchasing policies and procedures, as well as grants and federal and state guidelines, ensuring appropriate accounting, requisition methods, documentation, etc.
- Process on behalf, or review and approve expense reports for faculty and staff members to ensure accuracy and compliance with university policies and procedures, accounting, expense types, documentation, etc. This also applies to pre-travel authorizations.
- Process various student payments in accordance with Baylor policies ensuring appropriate documentation and accounting.
- Work collaboratively to resolve issues to ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate transaction processing in accordance with Baylor policies.
- Maintain an extensive understanding of the financial systems as well as updated knowledge of university and regulatory requirements, processes, and policies.
- Recommend improvements to optimize policies and procedures.
- Utilize reporting tools to monitor status, accuracy and completeness of financial transactions, accounting information, trends, and key performance indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/BaylorCareers/job/15912
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency