This ad is expired.
Food Service Assistant, 20 hrs/week, will close on 10/26/21
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
To perform short order grill cooking and serve quality food to students and staff; to set up, take down and clean equipment and work areas; and to perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS This is the entry level class in the Food Service Assistant series. This class is distinguished from the Senior Food Service Assistant classification by the performance of the more routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within the series including short order grill cooking. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED Receives general supervision from an assigned supervisor. . May oversee and train student workers.
- Serve quality food and snacks to students and staff; set up, take down and clean assigned food bars, steam tables and salad bars.
- Perform short order grill cooking including but not limited to hash browns, sausages, bacon and french toast.
- Cut meats and cheeses for sandwiches and pizzas; prepare pizza crusts; pre-make sandwiches.
- Operate various appliances and equipment found in all areas of food service including, but not limited to, grills, fryers, steamers, ovens, food processors and slicers.
- Clean, maintain and sanitize food service areas, utensils and equipment according to established procedures and regulations; sweep and mop the kitchen and assigned areas.
- Operate cash register and serve as cashier for assigned food service are
- May provide training to student workers.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Basic principles and practices of nutrition.
- Principles and practices of safe food handling and grill cooking.
- Methods and techniques of kitchen equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Perform short order grill cooking.
- Operate a cash register; handle and count money.
- Clean and maintain food service areas, utensils and equipment.
- Operate, clean and maintain various kitchen equipment and tools.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Frequent lifting and carrying to 50 pounds; constant standing and walking; operation of kitchen equipment and appliances.
Experience: No experience required. Additional Information
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 14.81
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 18.2
- External Closing Date: Oct 27, 2021
- External Opening Date: Oct 12, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency