This ad is expired.
Foundation Financial Analyst
Work Location: Orange - 137
Hiring Range: $63,670-$79,588 Annually, plus full state benefits
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a Germanna regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking, and many other activities.
The Foundation Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Germanna Community College Educational Foundation's general ledger through accurate and timely processing, recording, and reconciliation of accounting transactions and through relevant financial reporting for Foundation decisionmakers and stakeholders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing, recording, and reconciliation of transactions involving foundation funds
- Prepares budgets, financial reports, analysis, and schedules to document and communicate the financial status of various programs, endowments, gifts, and scholarships
- Ensures that adequate internal control standards are maintained for the Foundation's financial processes
- Collaborates with College accounting personnel to track, audit, reconcile, and report on grants and scholarships
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Foundation auditors
- Assists the College's Director of Finance in routine systems reconciliations, yearend closing, and other projects
- May be cross trained on various Business Office processes to provide backup capabilities and to perform other duties as assigned
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email email@example.com.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college with a major in accounting or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Significant experience in general accounting working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or governmental accounting principles
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in MS Office 365 applications
- Experience in analyzing, reconciling, and reporting complex accounting information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Masters degree in business or accounting or professional certification as CPA, CMA, and/or CIA
- 5-7 years experience in general accounting working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or governmental accounting principles
- Experience accounting for grants, endowments, and other restricted funds
- Lease accounting experience
- Accounting experience in higher education or nonprofits
- Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia policies regarding accounting, purchasing, and information systems
Posting Number: CLS2201P
Job Close Date: 6/19/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/61766
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency