Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Bemidji State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Fixed Term
Job Number: 2019-00008
Location: Bemidji, MN
Department: Office of President
- Establish individual and team strength training and conditioning programs for all the sports teams and more than 350 student-athletes.
- Manage intercollegiate athletic strength and conditioning equipment.
- Purchase and maintain athletic strength and conditioning equipment.
- Counsel and advise coaching staff and student-athletes on various components of the strength and conditioning program.
- Undergraduate degree in health, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science or related field.
- NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association) CSCS certification.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of recent full-time work experience related to strength & conditioning required.
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Master's degree in health, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science or related field.
- Work experience in collegiate strength & conditioning program preferred.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at www.msuaasf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ASF-Contract-2017-2019.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnState's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy) (Download PDF reader)
- Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and your specific interest in working at Bemidji State University.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information for three (3) people who can provide a professional reference.
This is a Minnesota State University Associate of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) Range B position with minimum salary starting at $36,091. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and is determined by the collective bargaining agreement between Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnState) and the MSUAASF organization. (For more information on initial salary placement for MSUAASF: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/compensation/initialSalaryPlaceme1.html
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji
A complete application will include the following attachments:
Eric Sand, Head Athletic Trainer
Bemidji State University is nestled among the pines along the shores of Lake Bemidji, just blocks from a thriving downtown community. In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come out to cheer for the Beavers. While the city of Bemidji -- named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) -- is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations - Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University have the opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area -- just 12 miles north of campus -- offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Bemidji State University is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji/jobs/2382635/head-strength-conditioning-coach
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency