Human Resources Analyst/Confidential
Salary: $75,948.00 - $93,360.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Human Resources
To perform professional analytical duties related to human resources and to assist District managers in their human resource activities and labor relations; to coordinate, plan, analyze, develop, implement and conduct state and institutional mandated functions associated with the administration of human resource functions including classification systems; employee compensation and employer/employee relations; recruitment, and to perform other related duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited supervision from the Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management referring specific matters to the manager for interpretation or clarification of organizational polices as necessary.
An incumbent in this class may act as lead of other employees; may assign, direct and/or monitor the work of students.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes and develops position occupational data, such as physical, mental, and training requirements of the job.
- Conducts classification task analysis, and job restructuring studies; develops and revises class specifications as required; conducts job audits, analyzes questionnaires and researches data.
- Advises and consults with District administration on reorganization plans and prepares information for the Board of Trustees and shared governance committees
- Develops and revises human resources procedures and related forms and identifies departmental problems and implements solutions in compliance with Federal, State, and District requirements.
- Assists with the administration of employee relations, including interpretation of labor agreement language, handling grievances, questions and concerns from employees and bargaining representatives; defines labor issues, develops solutions and implement action plans; assists in salary negotiations and other employer/employee relations; and interprets labor contract language and tracks past practices.
- Participates in the recruitment of applicants for various positions at the College; establishes deadlines for applications; prepares related brochures, job advertisements and other documentation; screens applications and reviews transcripts for minimum qualifications; schedules recruitment committee meetings; and administers examinations to qualified applicants as appropriate; evaluates faculty transcripts as related to salary determination.
- Assists the Vice President with special projects involving research and implementation as required. May serve as lead, resource or back up.
- Assists to develop and revise human resource policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State and District legal requirements.
- Tracks and monitors Live Scan background checks; obtains approval for hires with criminal backgrounds; handles all correspondence and responds to questions.
- Assists to develop and implements Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) procedures and assists with the interactive process.
- Monitors the HRIS database to validate data; develops working procedures to assure consistency.
- Maintains District-wide database for seniority reports and reductions in the labor force; interprets contract language and past practice for input on re-employment of employees.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and analytical reports.
- Participates in the development of and coordination of staff development and employee training programs.
- Provides customer service support to internal and external customers. Responds to inquires and correspondence; prepares information and data requested for administrative review; prepares reports and other documental as required.
- Establishes agendas, arranges meeting and distributes material for Shared Governance committees.
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of human resource management
- Data collection standards
- Principles of public administration
- Report writing and research methods
- Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Standard office procedures and equipment; computer proficiency and technical ability utilizing MS Word, Excel, HRIS, or related software.
- Federal and state employment regulations and guidelines.
- Classification and compensation systems
- Organizational design
- Perform technical public personnel work
- Gather and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports
- Organize assigned tasks and make adjustments in priorities as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Understand and interpret complex human resources and legal issues
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departmental representatives and the general public
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college or university with a major in human resources, public or business administration, social sciences or a closely related field; and
- Three (3) years of senior level human resource experience, preferably in a public sector organization that includes research and data collection, recruitment, and employee relations.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources or a related field; and
- Five (5) years of senior level human resources experience, preferably in a public sector organization, that includes research and data collection, recruitment and employee relations.
Copies of transcripts with date of degree conferment is required with the application.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.