Instructor - Automotive - Fall 2020
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 06/29/2020. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 06/28/2020.
The Applied Technology Department at The College of Southern Nevada invites applications for a Full-Time Automotive Instructor within the Transportation Technology Program starting August 2020. The successful candidate will demonstrate the required industry and teaching experience.
The Automotive Instructor will instruct lab and lecture classes in accordance with the established course syllabus of record. This includes organizing instruction towards achieving student learning objectives; selection of textbooks and other curriculum; conferring with students; evaluating student mastery; providing lab safety training and a safe and positive classroom and laboratory environment.
Other duties will include program assessment and curriculum development; student advising and mentoring; scholarship of teaching and learning upholding professional and ethical standards; outreach to the college, community, and profession; supervising student assistants and staff as necessary; and duties as assigned by Program Director and or Department Chair.
The candidate is expected to participate in department, and college wide committees, as well as student recruitment activities. The candidate will participate and assist the team to maintain and develop strong industry and community partnerships. They will also commit to continuing their professional development as an educator through attendance to industry conferences and membership of professional associations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Automotive Technology, CTE Education, or related plus three years of related experience OR an Associate of Applied Science in Automotive Technologies from an ASE/NATEF accredited program plus seven years of related work experience OR no degree with eleven years of related work experience
- Two years minimum teaching Automotive Technologies at an ASE/NATEF accredited postsecondary school within the last 5 years.
- 10 years minimum experience as a Master Technician.
- ASE Certified in all 8 ASE certifications:
- A1 Engine Repair
- A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- A3 Manual Drive Train & Axles
- A4 Suspension And Steering
- A5 Brakes
- A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems
- A7 Heating & Air Conditioning
- A8 Engine Performance
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Automotive Technologies from an accredited program
- G1 Auto Maintenance and Light Repair
- Knowledge of computer classroom technology
- Experience working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce
Starting Salary Range
For this position the selected candidate will be able to choose between Tenure Track or Market Factor salary.
- Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.
- Market Factor salary: $55,162
In order to be fully considered for this position, please include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts.
- Three professional references.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Instructor---Automotive---Fall-2020_R0121178
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency