This ad is expired.
Instructor, Baking & Pastry Arts (Full-Time)
Salary: $56,101.00 - $72,671.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time 43 Week
Job Number: 2021-03566
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Division: Creative Arts, Design & Media Pathway
Candidates are required to submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Please make sure to carefully review requirements and submit a complete application describing your experience and providing all required documents to best assess your qualifications.
Hours based on departmental needs
Milwaukee Area Technical College requires all new employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and to provide proof of vaccination status or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request within 45 days from the date of offer.
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- An Associate's Degree in Baking or Pastry Arts, Culinary Arts, or Related Field
Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of full-time or equivalent (14,000 hours) experience as a chef, pastry chef or manager in a hospitality-related area. In addition, one of the following must be met:
- At least one (1) years of work experience must have occurred within the last five (5) years -OR-
- Two (2) years of teaching in baking, pastry or savory food preparation course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
Industry or vendor certification:
Must have ServSafe certification from the National Restaurant Association with an overall passing score of at least 90%
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
- Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Teaching - Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
Standards of Teaching Excellence
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail...)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3231190/instructor-baking-pastry-arts-full-time
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-700159cf10af9e4ca4462db9c15b1457