This ad is expired.
Instructor, Television & Video Production (Part-time) - Field Audio Emphasis
Salary: $28.13 - $36.44 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Division: Creative Arts, Design & Media Pathway
Candidates are required to submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Please make sure to carefully review requirements and submit a complete application describing your experience and providing all required documents to best assess your qualifications.
Primary teaching duties in the department will focus on field audio acquisition for broadcast, studio audio techniques and general broadcast studio lab instruction. Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program/department evaluation. **
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assist in the development of audio production for broadcast course curriculum.
- Perform general maintenance and setup of studio production equipment and field audio gear.
- Assess student performance.
- Advise students on academic issues. **
- Collaborate with advisory committee in program/department area. **
- Attend departmental and institutional meetings. **
- Promote the education/training program/department, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to promote educational opportunities at MATC.
- Support student organizations and activities. **
- Develop relationships with business and industry. **
- Complete program/department evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in one of the following areas:
- Television OR
- Radio/Television/Film with a concentration in Television, Broadcasting, Broadcast Communication, Electronic Media, Digital Media or Video Production
- Candidate must have a minimum of four years full-time or part-time equivalent (8000 hours) of work experience in one or more of the general areas of the industry including: Television production, Video or Broadcast production/Direction, Video Editing, Studio/Field Video Production, Set Design, Broadcast and Video Graphics Designs, Multimedia/Video Production, Multi-platform Video Production and Delivery or Television/Video/Fil/Broadcast Management.
- In addition, one of the following must be met:
- At least two of the four years must have occurred within the last five years OR
- Two years of teaching Television and Video Production course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in teaching and/or developing curriculum in a variety of classroom environments including in-person and online.
- Experience using a variety of instructional methods including: face-to-face, blended, and 100% online preferred.
- Must be able to develop and maintain curriculum currency.
- Working knowledge of computers and software related to instructional area including MS Office/Google Suite, data systems, mobile technologies, web conference tools, and social networking; and knowledge of, or willing to learn, Blackboard or similar learning management system (LMS) preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic competency attainment.
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction:
- Effective Communication through Speaking and Listening
- Effective Communication through Writing
- Mathematical Competency
- Effective Problem Solving
- Global Awareness
- Technology Competency
- Email - Experience with email systems
- Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
- Computer - Experience with software to prepare documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
- Online Learning Management and Information Systems used for instruction, student advising, student programs/departments, grading, class schedules and rosters, etc.
- Experience delivering synchronous instruction using multi-media based, and emerging technologies.
- Experience delivering distance learning where applicable.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3079923/instructor-television-video-production-part-time-field-audio-emphasis
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency