- Learning Experience Designer
- Go to our website »
Learning Experience Designer
About the Opportunity
The Learning Experience Designer (LxD) is a creative online learning designer who supports faculty in producing high quality content and engaging learning experiences to support student success. Successful candidates will have some previous experience in course design and development and be familiar with the latest best practices, tools, and research in online learning design, and have an interest in growing their skills as part of an innovative, collaborative design team. The main responsibility of the LxD is supporting faculty in designing and building their courses, helping them navigate complex teaching and learning issues as they build out engaging, experiential content and design in our learning platforms and systems. The LxD will collaborate closely with Senior Learning Experience Designers, Graphic Designer/Animators, Video Producers, and Learning Solutions Architects to create interactive tools and high quality media in the development of courses, with an eye towards modern, sleek and intuitive design.
The position requires strong interpersonal skills, as they will help lead meetings with faculty and partners learning design. A successful candidate will demonstrate high attention to detail, strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online technologies, and excellent organizational skills. Candidates should have a passion for learning more, and be interested in being mentored by Senior LxDs and other members of the team.
The LxD reports to the Learning Design Manager.
- Master's degree in instructional design, distance learning, adult education, educational technology or a related field and/or a body of work that demonstrates similar competencies.
- Demonstrated experience designing and/or teaching online courses.
- Experience designing learning offerings in response to an identified business or learning problem.
- Ability to design learning content while keeping in mind the user experience.
- Ability to design learning products for the unique needs of each identified audience.
- Demonstrated experience designing rigorous and relevant formative and summative assessments to effectively measure progress and mastery.
- Experience working with product teams to create a quality user experience in addition to building learning assets and/or curriculum.
- Experience managing vendors and/or working with multimedia teams to develop engaging multimedia content.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to collaborate across networks and work effectively in virtual teams. Ability to converse with faculty about educational, pedagogic and technology issues.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to proactively manage course design and development issues as well as project schedule.
- Ability to be flexible and creative when faced with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of online learning experiences.
- Experience with one or more learning management systems as well as common software used in the design and development of distance learning courses. Ability to troubleshoot basic educational technology issues.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance.
- Experience using learning management systems, eLearning authoring tools such as: the Articulate Suite of products, Camtasia, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Should possess a passion for continued professional development in the areas of instructional design, learning experience design, curriculum development, teaching and learning.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/LX-Designer_R112775
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency