This ad is expired.
Manufacturing Specialist, SETMAC 443370
Position Type: Staff
Department: Sponsored Program Administration
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide Management Consulting, Operational Excellence & Product/Process Engineering solutions to accelerate the profitable growth and competitiveness of Texas manufacturing. Seeks, Identifies, Assesses, Sells, Proposes, Delivers, Coordinates, Manages, applied research projects to create significant financial return on customer investment, and ensure superior customer and investor satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists others in conducting assessments, preparing proposals, and deploying implementation projects.
2. Sells follow-on scopes of work.
3. Improves processes within a functional department at customer organizations. Follows PDCA or DMAIC methodology for operation level projects and improvements. Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver basic workshops and implement projects in industrial environments.
4. Presents technical sessions and promotional events.
5. Earns certifications to perform Process Specialist responsibilities.
6. Demonstrates effective project execution, project results, and customer follow up.
7. Performs other duties assigned.
Work character & ethic, grit; ability to overcome obstacles; resourcefulness and perseverance.
2-4 years related industry experience; bachelors degree in engineering or related field. Specific related experience can substitute degree type.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Technology and best practices, technical writing, sales, customer service, detailed analysis, customer relations, research protocols, communication.
INDUSTRIAL SETTINGS, PRODUCT AND COMMERCIALIZATION LABORATORY. OVERTIME NECESSARY AS NEEDED TO SATISFY CUSTOMERS/ CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS. SOME EQUIPMENT/TOOLS CAN BE HAZARDOUS.
Customer service, entrepreneurial coaching, industrial technology, robotic and/or product engineering, project management. Masters or PhD in engineering.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 05/14/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency