RTI International's Education and Workforce Development (EWD) Center for Education Survey Research and Analysis (CESRA) has an opening for a Master's-Level Education Analyst to assist with data collection, providing technical assistance to respondents, help desk supervision, and reporting for large-scale survey and analytic studies in postsecondary education. The Center offers state-of-the-art capabilities in all aspects of designing and conducting cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys and administrative data collections.
The successful candidate should have an investigative and innovative mindset to assist with and support data collection, technical assistance to respondents and data users, data analysis, and reporting activities. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in social science research, preferably institutional research at the postsecondary level. CESRA staff will provide on-the-job training and supportive mentoring to assist the successful candidates in learning task activities across the survey lifecycle.
The position will be based in or within driving distance to RTI's main campus in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina or telework based anywhere in the United States, but able to accommodate Eastern Time Zone meetings. Please include a cover letter with your résumé when applying.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for data collection activities, working closely with staff to monitor data collection and carry out quality control (QC) activities
- Assist with the hiring and training of data collection staff
- Write sections of data collection manuals, progress reports, and other regular reports
- Provide technical support to data providers at postsecondary institutions
- Oversee and supervise Help Desk activities
- Understand and assess survey instruments to assure proper format and sequence of questions, adequacy of instructions to interviewers and respondents, and suitability of the questions for the survey population
- Assist in the preparation of statistical tables and graphics for project reports and related presentations
- Assist with development and presentation of research findings that further the knowledge of respondents and data users
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as require
- Master's degree in higher education, social science, or related field
- Coursework in statistics and social science research methods
- Demonstrated experience authoring publications or reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to manage competing tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with teams, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients
- Due to federal contract requirements, US citizenship and ability to obtain Position of Trust Clearance is required
- Experience in institutional research at one or more institutions (or systems) of higher education
- Familiarity with higher education data (e.g., enrollment, graduation/completion rates, financial aid, etc.)
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify and investigate data anomalies
- Experience conducting or supporting social science research, such as through a master's thesis, job experience, or internship
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
Direct link to apply - http://m.rfer.us/RTIbcLDUe
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency