Office Assistant- Chinatown Community Learning Center
Department Name: Health Sciences & Human Servcs
Job Number: FP2020-705
Status: Open until filled
Priority Screening Date: 03/05/2021
This is a full-time (40hrs/week) benefited .
Position is located primarily at: 22 Soledad Street Salinas, CA 93901
The Office Assistant's primary function to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks to ensure all daily operations run smoothly and perform varied administrative functions in support of the Coordinator for Community Health and Engagement (CHE).
The Office Assistant will perform a full range of clerical, secretarial, and general office support functions that are varied and complex and is responsible for providing clerical and administrative tasks in support of the CHE. This position is under the oversight of the CHE Principal Investigator and the general supervision of the CHE Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains office management by prioritizing and responding to daily routine communications. Manages multiple calendars, schedules appointments, groups, workshops, and coordinates large meetings, activities, and events. Represents CHE at various meetings and disseminates essential information to CHE staff, students, and volunteers; prepares minutes or summary notes, and tracks action items meetings as appropriate. Respond to client complaints; intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems; use conflict resolution and de-escalation communication strategies with clients displaying disruptive behavior; provides back-up support to the front desk clerks.
- Assembles and distributes information/documents and agendas pertinent to meetings; handles collection and coordination of information related to CHE activities, and initiatives. Coordinates arrangements for training classes and travel related to CHE; prepares and processes travel authorization, reimbursement, and claim forms/documentation. Ensures that confidential information and required documentation are received, completed, and maintained appropriately.
- Coordinates short-term and long-term projects with broad impact that may involve coordination with other departments; establishes and maintains a complex system of materials, documents, files and records for both physical and electronic materials, including budgets, reports, logs, and correspondence (i.e. CHE internal databases, CARS, and HMIS).
- Identifies supplies, materials, equipment, and services needed for the office and building. Prepares and processes purchase requisition forms; receives and organizes supplies for storage and/or distribution; manages catering orders and processing of invoices and purchase requisitions for University Corporation accounts; creates and tracks work orders for facilities services as needed or requested.
Performs front desk reception duties that includes will monitor traffic in and out of CHE, maintain the front office, communicate with clients, students, visitors, and staff as well as assist with administrative needs that include answer telephone, monitor cameras, assist with the intake process as needed, document building activity in property log, write incident reports, perform light maintenance and housekeeping, complete work orders, and ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Serves as building emergency coordinator
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs. Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures. Thorough mastery of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems. Knowledge of the various programs and disciplines which encompass the College of Health Sciences and Human Services. Technical fluency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; Googles G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar); Oracle-PeopleSoft/Common Management System, HMIS, CARS; intranet drives; and internet browsers.
- Ability to: work independently and in a team environment; multitask in a busy environment, set priorities among ongoing activities and projects to meet internal and external deadlines; understand problems from a broader perspective and apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address challenges and develop solutions; effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels to coordinate front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring effective problem solving, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills; perform standard business math, analyze budget data, and make simple projections; handle confidential information and sensitive interpersonal situations; and use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects. Must have own transportation, valid drivers license, and auto insurance and the ability to complete a web-based training in defensive driving.
- Must have an Associates degree AND
- One year of clerical or administrative experience
- Experience with working in a setting that provides services to homeless individuals or other vulnerable populations is desired but not required.
- Bi-lingual capabilities are helpful but not required,
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMBs vision statement.
This position requires flexibility in hours that may include working evenings and weekends.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority, will be required to participate in annual training, and to immediately forward to the Clery Compliance Officer all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention.
Compensation and Benefits:
The University Corporation is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students, and the customers we serve. The hourly rate for this position is: $21.00. This is a non-exempt position and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards.
University Corporation at Monterey Bay positions are at-will employment.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6074
For full consideration, submit the required documents. For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency