The Department of Biostatistics within the School of Public Health at the University of Washington (UW) is a leading center of excellence for the development and application of statistical methods and theory in health sciences. It has longstanding partnerships with many local research institutes and with the Department of Statistics, with which it shares core courses in its rigorous training programs. More information can be found at https://www.biostat.washington.edu/about.
The Department of Biostatistics invites applications for onefaculty position at the rank of Professor (with tenure), Associate Professor (with tenure) or Assistant Professor (tenure-track).This is a full time (100% FTE), 12-month service period position with anticipated startinFall 2022. Salary and rank will becommensurate withqualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- maintainan establishedhigh-impact statisticalresearch programsupported by externalgrants;
- participatein collaborative research with members of the Department,its partnersand/or the greater scientificcommunity;
- provide educational leadershipinthe Department's teaching program, includingformal classroom teaching andmentoringofstudentresearch,with emphasis oninnovativepedagogy and attention toequity, diversity andinclusion;
- contribute to thedepartmental communityby engaginginseminars and otherdepartmentaloutreach activities, including inserving on keycommittees;
- activelypromotediversity, equity andinclusion in the Department and the field ofbiostatistics;
- play an active role inDepartment, School and/orUniversitygovernance andleadership.
QUALIFICATIONS. Candidates must have a PhDor DSc(orforeignequivalent)inbiostatistics, statistics,orarelated field.It is critical that theyalsohave anestablished recordofhigh-quality research,teaching, and independent funding.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS. All applicants are asked to submit:
- acover letter describing what they see as theirfuturepotentialcontribution(e.g., scientific leadership, pedagogy, diversity)tothediscipline andDepartment;
- an up-to-date curriculum vitaedetailingpublication, teaching and fundinghistory;
- a statementdescribingdemonstratedcommitment andactivity in support ofdiversity, equity and inclusion;
- contact informationforthree (3)references.
This institution is using Interfolio to conduct this search. Applicants can submit all application materials free of charge via https://apply.interfolio.com/95846. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2021, continuing until the position is filled. Submitting all required documents byDecember 1, 2021 is strongly encouraged for full consideration.
CONTACT INFORMATION. For questions, please contact Ashneel Reddy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY. The Department recognizes that health disparities stem from inequity, and encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty, and students including, but not limited to, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, geography, spiritual practice, mental and physical disability, and age. It strives to develop and maintain increased representation and recognition of each dimension of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. The department has an active Equity, Diversity and Inclusion committee. A summary of the mission and the activities of that committee can be found online (www.biostat.washington.edu/about/diversity).
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint). Additionally, the University's Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member's academic profiles and responsibilities (www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency