This ad is expired.
Part-time Clerical Technician
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
July 29, 2021
$17.59 - 21.55
School of Health Science_Staff
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison Collegeit is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/DEADLINE: resume. Failure to submit this document by the first review date will result in the disqualification of your application. This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of August 12, 2021, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, 20 hours per week position. Hours will be determined by the supervisor, some flexibility required. This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date.
- Updates, records, and maintains student American Veterinary Medical Association required skills completion in an electronic database.
- Maintains and keeps current Madison College Veterinary Technician Program website, program documents and all other web-accessible information.
- Organizes and maintain filing systems of the program shared drive.
- Creates student class schedule grids in various formats best serving the needs of our students and the college. Audit class rosters to ensure students are enrolled appropriately.
- Gathers, complies, and prepares materials for annual Veterinary Technician Career Fair.
- Performs routine clerical support tasks, including but not limited to: updating, photocopying and stocking forms utilized in all program rooms and areas; maintaining current up-to-date MSDS binders; organizing and maintaining organization in animal receiving areas and rolling racks; returning materials to student folders within program area; preparing meeting notices, agendas, and materials as necessary; and taking and transcribing minutes as required.
- Recommends and incorporates new uses of technology and other tools or systems improvements to increase efficiency and quality of department workflow and functions, such as developing and maintaining a system to track projects from request through completion; developing, and monitoring.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision, and values. Comply with college policies, directives, and work rules. Engages positively with colleagues, handles conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates, and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and supports final decisions that are made.
- Other duties as defined by department, college, or officials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of veterinary medical technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern office practices and procedure, grammar, spelling, punctuation, modern English usage, and proofreading.
- Ability to initiate work, work independently or within limited supervision, and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated skills in using standard database, Excel, Word, and Power Point packages.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes and/or dictation.
- Ability to summarize information, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, make appropriate procedural recommendations, and initiate action accordingly.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use considerable judgment, initiative, decision-making, effective public relations and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations of diverse socio-economic and cultural background and persons with disabilities.
- One (1) year post-secondary education.
- One (1) year (2,000 hours) of directly related work experience.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Madison College will not tolerate racism or harassment of any kind. We will provide an educational environment that preserves the safety and dignity of our students, staff and faculty. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Vice President, Human Resources, 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Truax-Campus-Madison/Part-time-Clerical-Technician_R0003600
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency