This ad is expired.
Program Advisor- Academy for Inclusive Learning and Social Growth - HHS
Job ID: 253654
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Provides professional counseling to Academy for Inclusive Learning and Social Growth (AILSG) students in group or individual settings. Responsible for student assessment and advisement, guidance and counseling regarding academic and career matters and individual academic program development and evaluation. Collaborates with outreach agencies to develop programs and placements for assigned students.
- Identifies, assesses and advisee according to the student's personal career goals
- Assists in teaching department related courses or individual student directed studies as needed
- Organizes and conducts meetings with applicants and prospective students
- Identifies and participates in student recruiting forums
- Participates in department's summer recruiting programs and assess prospective students
- Participates in and organizes department events as assigned, including student travel experiences and student supervision
- Develops individual student academic programs in conjunction with academic department heads, instructors, the Office of the Registrar, Student Disability Services, and supervisors at external internship sites
- Coordinates individual student course scheduling and registration
- Develops and coordinates student internships and leadership opportunities with campus services
- Provides outreach to students, teachers and internship supervisors through a variety of communication channels to maintain academic and worksite relationships
- Develops and maintains partnerships with external sites for internship placements and potential job placements
- Oversees and assesses student academic and career progress as needed (job coaching)
- Coordinates student progress reports and assessments (including program hours, grades, and career readiness) at the end of each semester
- Schedules and organizes transition and exit meetings prior to student graduation
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) year of experience in academic and/or career advising or related field
Experience working with individuals with special needs, such as those with disabilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to cultivate and foster relationships with the goal of improving recruitment, academic progress, and career placement
Able to work and communicate individually with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Able to interpret program requirements and related university policies
Able to interact with many people needing assistance with the college processes
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Proficient partnership-building skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=253654&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency