Program Coordinator (Outreach and High School Programs)
Posting Number: 02230
Department: Enrollment Services
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide administrative support to achieve attainment of recruiting and retention goals set by the Assistant Director/Running Start Coordinator and Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Council.
Provide specialized coordination of admissions and quarterly enrollment into the Running Start program.
Typical duties include:
- Provide excellent customer service, via multiple mediums, to current and prospective students, the community, and college personnel.
- Provide comprehensive customer service to students and parents including navigating the application and enrollment processes, program policy and procedure, and registration.
- Process quarterly Running Start applications and enrollment verification forms.
- Schedule and assist in coordinating Running Start events including information sessions, application workshops, and Fall quarter entry advising sessions.
- Establish and maintain a database of Running Start applicants to provide follow-up services and respond to the needs of prospective students.
- In collaboration with the Running Start Program Specialist, create and maintain academic records of Running Start students.
- Work closely with EvCC Institutional Research Department to monitor Running Start data and create quarterly reports in collaboration with the Assistant Director.
- Collect information on high school graduation requirements at individual high schools and school districts to support the Advising Center and Running Start program.
- Order, receive, and maintain an inventory of supplies for the Running Start program.
- Support Outreach and High School Programs on-campus outreach efforts.
- Participate as part of the registration and customer service team in Enrollment Services.
- Perform office work such as filing, copying, and faxing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and two years of full-time clerical experience, or equivalent education and experience
- One or more years of experience providing customer service through various channels of communication such as phone, email or in person contact.
- Demonstrated computer skills that include Microsoft Suite, word processing, data entry, and email.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others of various age, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic background.
- Associate degree
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills using Microsoft Excel and Access database programs.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with Running Start or Dual Credit programs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with campus and external partners.
- Fluency in at least one additional language to English.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: September through mid-June: Monday through Friday 8:00 am 5:00 pm with a one hour lunch. Summer schedule, Mid-June through early September: Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am 6:00 pm with a one hour lunch.
Posting Date: 08/12/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community Colleges mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the Colleges vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring a Program Coordinator that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $2,912 - $3,774 per month plus benefits
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4751
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency