This ad is expired.
Project Manager Lead
Job Opening ID: 185921
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/25/2020 4/01/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
This position will oversee the team of project managers, project management processes and project portfolio management efforts of MICMT. This individual will be a steward to grow the project management practice within MICMT. Our focus is fostering healthy project practices and teams. This individual will define and implement the project portfolio used by MICMT to ensure the effective performance and utilization of resources, time and budget.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Successfully leading organizational change and transformation.
- Turning ad hoc and separated project efforts into repeatable structures and frameworks.
- Championing our customer's needs to ensure projects deliver solutions they value.
- Navigating internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Talent management and professional development of Project Managers.
- Thinking outside the box.
- Embracing challenges and delivering results.
- Communicating to a wide range of audiences and learning styles.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
MICMT Mission and Vision:The Michigan Institute for Care Management and Transformation (MICMT) will work with Physician Organizations to expand the provider delivered care management model within outpatient primary and specialty care clinics to improve quality of care and decrease the cost of care for Michigan residents.
- convene thought leaders, care managers, and PO leaders throughout the state to support collaboration and disseminate best practicess
- support the development and implementation of best-practice infused care management strategies within Michigan POs
- develop and maintain a library of materials, self-learning modules, and training opportunities that support the programs and goals described above
- align efforts along a common set of success metrics, which include both outreach and outcomes (quality/ utilization) metrics, and provide evaluation of those metrics at a PO and state level
- Define, steward, lead and maintain the project management process, methodology and standards across MICMT.
- Coordinates the activities of multiple project managers, assigns and coordinates resources to projects and project objectives and monitors progress.
- Support the successful delivery of projects through effective facilitation, coordination, project tracking and reporting.
- Lead project resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business needs.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across, build relationships with stakeholders and promote good practices.
- Lead, facilitate, coordinate, schedule and drive projects to completion.
- Develop positive relationships with directors, managers and teams to enable the project management team to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects and training.
- Assist with State-wide data gathering processes, as related to project work.
- Lead project-specific database creation and data entry process
- Assist MICMT Operations Director and Project Director(s) in the development of project tools and templates
- Assist MICMT Operations Director and Project Director(s) with budget management
- Assist MICMT Operations Director and Project Director(s) with assuring overall SOW deliverables are completed on time.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of overall strategy, value realization, innovation and cultural development.
- Serve as the ambassador for the leaders and team, escalating and communicating on behalf of leadership and serving as a team liaison.
- Coordinate and organize team meetings and other team activities on large scale projects.
- Assist project managers and coordinators in updating project status reports, risk logs and other project management data repositories (I.e. Sharepoint, Smart Sheets)
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides database support and guidance to project team.
- Provides analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Continually develop leadership and project management skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related area
- Minimum 8 years' lead experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change and transformation.
- Experience in talent management and professional development of Project Managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups, displaying tact and courtesy, maintaining confidentiality, setting priorities, being attentive to detail, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, working as part of a team and working with frequent interruptions.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate proactive solving abilities and prioritize work duties.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with data collection and aggregations.
- Process Improvement Training, such as Lean.
- Experience managing a project management team and office.
The person who fills this role will be asked to work 40 hours per week.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/185921/project_manager_lead
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency