Project Manager, Online Program Strategy Development and Implementation
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
This dynamic role, reporting to the Vice Provost is responsible for successful implementation of Simmons University's online undergraduate program, CompleteDegree. The major focus of this role will be to contribute to the overall strategy for successful and timely completion of projects goals, while executing workstream program execution through strong communication skills.
This role will prioritize the relationship with all internal and external stake holders to meet milestones in basic status reports.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning: coordinate with University leadership and College operations teams to plan and execute the launch of new degree programs in CompleteDegree;
- Program launch and execution: primarily responsible for coordinating logistics across programs and with Simmons's technology partner, 2U;
- Take ownership over supporting a wide variety of stakeholders to make sure necessary information is communicated to drive trust and value for external partners - targeted and broad audiences as well as senior executives;
- Overall program support - grant writing opportunities as needed, admission and retention assistance, liaison with internal departments and/or develop relationships with those supported through 2U including Office of Accessibility Services, Advising, student life etc. to continue to revamp a smooth partnership for online degree creation and retention of enrolled students;
- Onboard program faculty, Program Directors and staff to the overall 2U/Simmons partnership in coordination with the Provost Office;
- Successfully uphold NECHE standards for continued accreditation;
- Create data reports and charts as needed to supply the University with decision making abilities to successfully support program creation;
- Effectively manage appropriate relationships with 2U for deadline driven success in both major workstreams of CompleteDegree@Simmons;
- Oversee and coordinate faculty support for LMS, through supervision of the 2U-Simmons Systems Specialist;
- Effectively manage project milestones for successful program launches, based upon 2U milestone guidance and internal processes - create and maintain internal milestone chart as workstreams unfold;
- Ability to collaborate for tight alignment in problem solving from online degree announcement through online degree execution, working with each workstream lead;
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Provost.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Five years of relative professional work experience with relevant project management, operational, and program management experience strongly preferred; minimum of 3 years of relative project management and programming experience;
- Comfort building and executing dynamic and evolving processes required;
- Experience in higher education required;
- Experience working to launch new programs and initiatives required;
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve conflicts from request through resolution;
- Experience working with organizational or institutional partners;
- Excellent organization skills with particular demonstrated experience with prioritizing work to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations;
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and collaborative skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with online platforms and interfaces strongly preferred.
This is a campus based position.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Project-Manager--Online-Program-Strategy-Development-and-Implementation_R07545
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.