This ad is expired.
Software Programmer Analyst Intermediate / Associate
Job Opening ID: 159180
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Its Comm Dc
Department: ITS Infra Net Dir of Ops
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/10/2020 1/19/2020
Salary: $47,476.00 $73,500.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Information Technology
How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Starting salaries will vary depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
This position will be filled at the intermediate level salary range of $57,692 - $73,500 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the intermediate level expectation. Candidates with lesser experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered if primary goal is not met. Lesser-experienced candidates will be reviewed at an associate level salary range of $47,476 - $59,000.
The Information and Technology Services (ITS) organization at the University of Michigan has an exciting opportunity for a Software Programmer Analyst in the ITS Networking team. The Software Programmer Analyst will use up-to-date software development practices to improve operations and streamline processes. This position works with other software development staff and operations teams to implement new integrations between systems and creating new systems where needed.
This position will report to the Network & Security Operations Manager. As part of a high performance team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced software developers in a very collaborative and dynamic environment to assess and improve the the quality of the University of Michigan enterprise campus network in support of world-class teaching and research.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires someone who can work under minimal supervision, proactively anticipates and resolves problems, has experience in a role providing excellent customer service, the ability to follow documented procedures and standards in a consistent manner and has the passion to meet or exceed customer expectations.
The mission of ITS is to be trusted enablers of technology for the U-M community. With a laser focus on customer service, the ability to proactively solve challenges, a sense of urgency when responding to requests, and a collaborative and inclusive nature, ITS works together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community. To learn more, visit: https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=https://its.umich.edu/careers&source=gmail&ust=1567254481417000&usg=AFQjCNEFSvm4obG2NAm3U-hvHPB5Fttqtw" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=1768768&targetURL=https://its.umich.edu/careers" target="_blank">https://its.umich.edu/careers.
The key responsibilities of a Software Programmer Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research and evaluate new technologies, processes and improvements to existing systems
- Identify shortcomings and gaps in established procedures or processes, make recommendations for improvements and develop solutions to implement improvements
- Create integrations between systems to improve and streamline processes
- Build code and software in a way that is consistent with the team's software development principles guidelines
- Work with senior staff to develop recommendations, propose and implement system improvements and upgrades
- Stay current with DevOps and software development best practices and supporting technologies which may include on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research and testing
While not limited to the following, in this role our successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following organizational competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving / Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to provide necessary attention to solve different level problems, often multitasking to solve moderate level problems
- Flexibility / Adaptability to Change: Understands and accepts the need for change, cooperates in implementation and constructively voices concerns and proposes alternatives
- Building Relationships / Interpersonal Skills: Respects diversity; demonstrates respect for the opinion of others; values each person's contribution to the team; demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest and accepting manner; maintains agreed upon levels of confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Software Programmer Analyst or similar role with responsibilities including software development, information and workflow analysis, analytical thinking and ability to work independently
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with *nix shell
- Experience with Git and source code management
- Experience with the open-source perfSONAR project
- Solid understanding of modern distributed system design and implementation such as REST and JSON
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success completing tasks within established deadlines
- Experience with continuous integrations tools like Jenkins, Travis CI
- Experience with configuration management systems like Salt, Ansible
- Extensive system administration background with Microsoft and *nix environments
- Solid understanding of the design implications associated with cloud-based solutions
- Solid understanding of network management-related technologies, practices or services
- Solid understanding of fundamental Operating System and Networking concepts
- Solid understanding of fundamental information security concepts including: Authentication, Authorization, Audit, Encryption and Firewalls
Work Schedule and Locations
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required
- May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends
- May require travel to various locations on and off university campus
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan Benefits Office is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more about our 2:1 retirement matching, healthcare plans with nationwide coverage including prescription drug coverage, three dental plans, a vision plan, flexible spending account, well-being programs, long-term disability, automatic life insurance, general legal services, three early childhood centers, time away from work and work-life programs to promote balance. Learn more at hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 6 on Kiplinger's list of Best Values in Public Colleges, again making U-M one of the nation's best values in higher education for in-state students. The ranking highlights colleges and universities that combine outstanding education with economic value.
- For the third straight year, the University of Michigan maintained its position as the 15th top university in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the top U.S. public university in the QS World University Rankings for 2019-20 and ranked 21st among all institutions on the list, moving down one spot from last year in the ranking released Tuesday, 06/18/2019.
- The University of Michigan is No. 20 in annual Times Higher Education world ranking, 2019.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/159180/software_programmer_analyst_intermediate_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency